door handle question

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
i dont have a picture of it but my driver door handle cracked between the acutal handle and key/lock part..

now would it be easier to take it off and fiberglass the back of it or just to buy one?

how hard is it to take the panels of the door to get the handle out?

how hard is it to take the key lock part out of a handle and switch it to a diff handle?

is this a common thing that breaks?

for the time being since i have no money i think i will just put a little super glue to hold it together

Yakuzastinger

will she ever run right?
Dec 18, 2005
Greensboro, NC
Its not hard to get it out just a lil annoying
remove the interior door like u would for doing the speakers its 2 screws in the handle in front of the speaker and one in the cuppy of the door handle
and then 2 in front of the door and a few along the bottom BE VERY CAREFUL removing the door lock bessels they break if u look at them wrong
then pull it off the clips and unplug the lights etc etc then u can access the handle. To remove it i dont remember if it has screws or not i know the rods are a lil tricky.

and yes they do break ALOT as for new i remember it being pricey i think 100$+ u can prolly get them outta a junk yard and then paint them i would sell u mind but the only good ones i got or on my car

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
what color car do you have?

it's actually pretty easy to get to them..I know the lock is held to the handle by 1 10mm nut, and then there's all the little rods...don't really remember about the actual handle though.

best of luck

whiplash

Oct 8, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yup, seems to be a common problem. I got a handle for $40 on ebay, paint really crappy on it, so I'm prepping it and gonna get it painted, hopefully they can paint match it pretty well..