Doesn't start... sometimes

86supra

Animal
Jul 29, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
86 supra that sometimes doesnt start. my friend said its the alarm. he said he took his off so this doesnt happen to him. but i dont have his number anymore. so how do i do this so it will start all the time?

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
86supra;1186937 said:
86 supra that sometimes doesnt start. my friend said its the alarm. he said he took his off so this doesnt happen to him. but i dont have his number anymore. so how do i do this so it will start all the time?
you need to include a little more information....

Does it crank? or do you just turn the key and get nothing?

Noticed your from ohio, you should check out ohiosupras.org

86supra

Animal
Jul 29, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
i hear a click. all power lights come on. battery is full and charged. its something with my stock alarm. i turn key and nothing happens. starter is good and all conections are too

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
86supra;1187117 said:
i hear a click. all power lights come on. battery is full and charged. its something with my stock alarm. i turn key and nothing happens. starter is good and all conections are too
yea, that should be your alarm, close your doors and lock in and un-lock it from the passenger side and try it again.

86supra

Animal
Jul 29, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
yea ive tried the lock and unlock thing on driver door. it doesnt ever work. as far as the clicking noise it sounds like it coming from the drivers side somewhere. i just wanna pull the fuse and never deal wit it again. b ut wheres the fuse or relay?

67rstbkt

May 22, 2008
Reno, NV
If you take offthe driver side panel, you can locate the wire going to the lock cylinder. It's been a while, but I believe there is one wire there. The lock cylinder has a switch on the backside of it, yours may be broken or corroded. You should be able to ground this wire and trick the alarm into being shut off. That's what I did, and it's still bypassed.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
67rstbkt;1188231 said:
If you take offthe driver side panel, you can locate the wire going to the lock cylinder. It's been a while, but I believe there is one wire there. The lock cylinder has a switch on the backside of it, yours may be broken or corroded. You should be able to ground this wire and trick the alarm into being shut off. That's what I did, and it's still bypassed.
I had the same problem to where all the lights would come on and the dash lights aswell.what it was the 12volt connector to the starter came off and had to jack the car up just to reconnect it.for some reason i've bought 2 starters off ebay and everyone of them had that clip attached to the starter was broken.so i used alittle crazy glue.it started everytime.

86supra

Animal
Jul 29, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
well im now to the point if it happens i just diconnect the neg. terminal of the battery and instant fix...ill have to tear into the door and try to find that wire

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Well if you are hearing the starter click and not just the relay then its the starter or the wires. Try to connect a power directly to the stater signal wire and see if the starter works then. Mine will do this some times and if I touch the wire the starter bumps and then there is no problem for a week or 2.

supra153624

Mar 12, 2008
bishopville, south carolina
86supra;1186937 said:

i had the same problem with my 87, i finally just said enought of the key start so i went up under the starter found the lead wire from the harness cut that sucker n put it on a push button switch, now it starts every time with out a problem, most of everything else in my car is on a switch or on a diffrent relay now