diy ffim

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Sar-Supra said:
Would someone be so kind and explain to me why one shouldn´t use the stock throttle body. I can´t see the reason why it wouldn´t work.

You can use the stock one. It's all up to you and the mod level you are shooting for.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Thank you to whom ever posted mine information, stock modified to front facing is relatively cheap and effective, flowed roughly 5% better and more even across the board, I had a post on SF and it was done on a super flow flow bench. Here are a few others:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p462581_1.jpg

And this one is my first modified stock one:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Made 440rwhp with it and was only limited by electronics at 18PSI!!!

Thanks and HTH,
Seth

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Wow sethron71, that oem to ffim looks pretty good. How did you weld the aluminum without warping it?

Also, you wouldn't happen to have any unneeded long runner ffim's your willing to sell, do you?

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Sar-Supra said:
I´d like to reach approx. 350-400rwhp. Where is the difference between the Q45 and the stock throttle body?

There are a lot of people making similar numbers on the stock TB, so it can be done. I would personally go with a 65-70mm TB. The reason I went with a 70mm is for two reasons:

1.- I am running 2.5" (63.5mm) IC piping. The stock TB is 2 3/8" (60mm) not taking into account the airspace the throttle plate and rod take up. So it is a slight bottle-neck in the system. A 65mm TB would be a good match for the 2.5" IC piping.

2.- Going a little bigger like I did with the 70mm (approx. 2.75") TB gives me room to grow if needed and does not harm performance by being larger because it is too short of a distance to create any lag. And when putting so much work into a custom FFIM, it is a good idea to plan for future upgrades so you don't have to scrap or rework the mani, linkage, and TB to IC piping coupler.

But, if you go with too large of a TB your throttle will become too sensitive. Because it will flow more air with less movement of the throttle plate.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i made modded stock one i made it befor sethron71 and i did alot of work to it as well removed the egr aka grden ti all off removed and filled the stop opeing and did some port work as well i sold it here on supra maina so other dude in cicago has it now

i say to any one that si one fo the best thign you cna do whiel still keeping it simple

Last edited:

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Nashman looks good, never saw that one before I made my first stock converted one but I like yours!

MarkIII4Me said:
Wow sethron71, that oem to ffim looks pretty good. How did you weld the aluminum without warping it?

Also, you wouldn't happen to have any unneeded long runner ffim's your willing to sell, do you?

Ha Ha, Yea I actually have a fully polished long runner custom with a polished 3"TB and Alternator Drop Down Bracket. Hit me up if you are interested.

O and Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Sincerely,
Seth