diy ffim

mrsoup

Jan 24, 2006
LONDON
ok guys any body built there own ffim ??????????? i was thinking of using the standard one and cutting the cntr throttle body mount of and maybe welding that back onto the front , obviosly after cutting a hole in it and welding the old mounting position up ......

am i stupid crazy or just dum.

ps i can mig and tig weld ally no probs

yaitsme

Beach Bum
Mar 2, 2006
Cheatham County, TN
Sethron's stepped up in the world, too, since then ....

7M_2.jpg

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
that stock to ffim idea seems pretty interesting. I wonder how well it actually worked. However, it seems like it might not be that much of an improvement considering the work involved. It's probably just better to get a Ron R or something similar.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
im gonna be making a sethronesque intake manifold. It is a very cheap method to clean up your engine bay although i wouldn't trust the setup for high hp applications due to the fact the stocker was designed for a side entrance.

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
Sorry for my grammar:biglaugh:

Ebay parts:
Upper manifuld:25dlls
3.5 Aluminum pipe 2 fts: 50Dll
Aluminium weld job 60dlls: (need break and vacum alimuminium connections)
Throtlebody : 20 Dlls
Toyota '88 4runer throtle cable: 20Dlls
Metal custom altenator bracket: 10 Dlls (need to fit to adjust)

And time to install:cry:

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
A nephew of mine works at a metal fabrication shop that builds custom parts for customers like aap, balanced performance, etc....

I just cut up thick paper into the shapes that I need. He takes them and cuts them on aluminum, ss, or whatever I need it in . Does all the welding and fabrication for me.

It is tig welded. I haven't tested it and will have it installed when it is warm again. I have a Q45 throttle on it now. The stock one was used just for mocking up.

I do have a few parts in the works. WIll be ready for sale sometimes next year. Intercooler block off plates, nightpager brake adapters (might have MK4 ones too), 3 inch throttle body in the stock location, and a few others...

Sar-Supra

Powertrippin´
Aug 28, 2006
Currently in NY
tubbie said:
I have a Q45 throttle on it now. The stock one was used just for mocking up.

Ok, I was also thinking about making a FFIM on my own. Would someone be so kind and explain to me why one shouldn´t use the stock throttle body. I can´t see the reason why it wouldn´t work. Ron´s FFIM is great but the engine rebuild is going to consume just what I was planning to invest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sar