Digital Gauge Cluster swap?

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
so I was wondering how much you guys know about the jdm digital gauge clusters. I found this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

and it got me wondering. is this cluster like a normal gauge cluster in they way that each gauge is a different piece then the other gauges and if so would it be possible to put these gauges into my left hand drive gauge cluster? so if anybody knows about these I would love your advice. also I do need a new gauge cluster from a turbo supra so if someone wants to sell me one you can call or text me (505)412-3516. thanks in advance guys

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
oh wow. thanks alot! I searched but I didn't find that. that helps alot. I'm definitely going to do this swap. that will make me like 3rd right? anyways thanks again!

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Good luck. I'll be starting a new cluster build thread soon once I finish my rear cluster casing jig. I'll be vacuum molding the rear casing as fiberglass was messy/bulky.
eric

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
A 1jz-gte cluster will not work correctly with a 7m car, do to the way it reads the speed signal etc plus it doesn't have a oil pressure gauge.

cheap price though, and it does have the connectors, You would need to source the speed sender unit and Fuel sender unit for a digi dash car.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Also you will need all the sensors for the car it came out of for example the fuel sender works different reads different and haves three wires for it vs 1 or 2.
Why not swap a cooler looking gauge set like MKIV with 10krpm or IS300 crono gauge set etc.. even the aftermarket clusters like Stack Inc 8130 whiteface or motec etc...

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
hey thanks eric. its really nice to hear some words of encouragement. unfortunately I didn't get the gauge cluster in the first post so I will need to find another

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
kelson;1425772 said:
hey thanks eric. its really nice to hear some words of encouragement. unfortunately I didn't get the gauge cluster in the first post so I will need to find another

GroupAsupra(silverline racing on Uk ebay) has one on Uk ebay at the moment drop him a pm on here, Or there is one on Yahoo japan but thats expensive! (5000Yen).

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
hey thanks! I actually already made on offer on the one on ebay. he declined it though. the problem is that he wants $71 for shipping!! I'll probably drop him a pm though. what about this one on yahoo japan. how can I find that? and I just looked it up isn't 5000 yen only like 50 bucks?

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
That cluster on uk ebay is mine, don't buy it. I've been looking for one with the oil temp gauge for years now!. Please, for the sake of me, leave it ;). I'll cut you a deal if you end up wanting one of my lhd cluster shells.
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
The uk seller accepted my offer; the cluster is mine. I finally have one with the oil temp gauge.
All is well gentlemen, carry on... :)

eric

--Wolf--

May 8, 2009
Chch, New Zealand
I have a JDM Supra with the digital dash and although it's nice, I would much rather have a normal dash. 3 things on it don't work and the speed constantly changing gets pretty annoying (instead of a needle moving slightly)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Wolf, I agree completely! Everything in my dash works, however it is horrible when you are driving with the sun behind you, you cannot see a damn thing in the dash!

Would def take analogue over digi anyday!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The Backlit MoTeC dash is pretty good in daylight, I made the mistake of turning off the backlighting in daytime and the Contrast is terrible, now it's on 100% and 50% at night.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
LilMissMkIII;1426629 said:
Wolf, I agree completely! Everything in my dash works, however it is horrible when you are driving with the sun behind you, you cannot see a damn thing in the dash!

Would def take analogue over digi anyday!

well then I'll send you a rhd analogue cluster if you'll send me your digi:icon_bigg

and I'm glad you finally got your oil temp gauge eric

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
LilMissMkIII;1427597 said:
Kelson - if I'm going to stuff around with the dash, it will be to something much better than the standard analogue dash ;)

ya I understand. I just figured it was worth asking. who knows sometimes you just meet those people who easily fall under the power of suggestion