debating what car to get as a DD....

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
suav said:
p639913_1.jpg

Geo Prizms... same thing as a Corolla.
These cars are great. Especially the 5 speeds (what I have)... They're actually much zippier than you'd expect, fast as my friend's Civic and another's '03 V8 Dakota.

4 doors and mid-30mpg.
Bulletproof 1.6 liter.
NO problems at all.

I've owned 2 of them...
The first I got at 130,000 miles now it has like 189,000... engine still runs GREAT ... but needs new suspension and axles. At least I made it to and from SLC 2 times before that happened!

The second I got at 150,000m - now it's at 162-some. Went on so many long trips during my 1st semester and still wants to do more!

Personally it doesn't get much better than the 90's Geo Prizm!

These car's are really do make good DDs. I have a 93, which is the same as a 7th gen corolla. It's got about 180000 miles now and still runs strong. The only trouble i've had was a blown CV joint, and that happened in the twisties.. :) They really are zippy. I've re-routed my intake piping and modified the EFI for a bit more fuel to make it a little quicker. It helps too that the only option it has is a rear defroster and air. But you gotta love the 4a's, even if they are fe's, not ge's.

Here's mine:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2466181

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
1990's Mitsubishi mighty max.

uhhh...dont get a Fiero. i've heard bad things. and plus they dont look that great...

you'd be better off in an MR2

which is my next suggestion.... the MR2