Cool cheap old cars?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
SupraOfDoom said:
Not exactly for me but, I've been looking for someone else... anyway

80's to MAYBE early 90's.... I'm thinking along the lines of AWD, or Turbo, or RWD ect ( But not like 5.0's or Camaro's ect, cars that are a little less played )...

What I can think of myself:
Cressida's
Obviously any earily Supra
MK1 MR2's
ST165 AllTrac Celica's
Z31's no intercooler, and a pain to work on, no aftermarket support
Starion/Conquests same as above, but even weaker
Mitsu Galant VR4 DSM drivetrain = broken parts
280z's
240z's
1st-2nd gen rx7's
Trueno's

Anything else to add? Thanks

I commented on some, the rest are cool.

personally, I want to get a C3 vette and drop an LS1 in it and DD it...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I had a late 80's 626/MX6 turbo fun little car, had like a TEMS (of Mazda) controller.

Also DSM's

Maybe Taurus SHO's? (I have no clue/info on these though)

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
Loki said:
Rocc's are the best Dub's ever.

i love my rocco, had it like 12 years, it was in the beginning stages of a rebuild/resto, but then i discovered supras........

and y'all mat have not noticed, but early-mid 80's ccorvettes can be had in decent shape for unter 8 grand all day long...

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
sorry, i had my mind on the thread in dt's lounge, didn't read it all the way throuogh

more than once in the last couple of weeks i've considered abandonong the mk2 prrojest and just buying one...lord knows it will be cheaper, and i'll lose my shop before i could ever get it finished.

it's pretty much between that, or another jeep

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Poodles said:
I commented on some, the rest are cool.

personally, I want to get a C3 vette and drop an LS1 in it and DD it...

Z31's aren't that bad... and I would only get a Starion to throw a Supra motor in it hehe. Galant's and DSM's just break because they get TOO much traction... if it was pretty mild modding it would be fine... most likely. Besides, I like the cars that aren't played out.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
trucker said:
i love my rocco, had it like 12 years, it was in the beginning stages of a rebuild/resto, but then i discovered supras........

Got any pics? this is my friends, he just bought it off another friend of mine.

p724648_1.jpg

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
loki, mines a mk2, and pretty much in boxes right now, the years have not been kind to it, with a bit of hail damage, it'd been backed into, and it's sadly been sitting a couple of years, but nit before it's had about 500k miles put onn it.

hail will mostly be taken care of with a sliding ragtop, and new front end sheetmetal.i'll throw in some euro bumpers and headlights.before the motor blew, had replaced the cis-e injection with webber carb, and swapped it to 5 speed from auto, made a huge difference, next motor will be with big valve head, g-grind cam, keep the webber and add headder. thankfully yhe ignition components are seperate from fuel, makes working on it a snap, and i am failiar enough with it to do a tranny swap in about 45 to an hour, with snow flying and cold ass concrete out i the open