Compression test results!!!

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
I took the motor to the machine shop to have em mic it and they told me 10 /10 for main and rods and im gonna do a 20 over onthe block . I bought the ebay kit from domestik gaskets . Well after payin 90dllrs for overnight price came to 390 here is my early christmas present" take a look at the oil pump its a toyota aisin pump its just that the toyota name has been scratched out....just wanted to share....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Well i got my block back today its all new and cleaned out. I have one question Can i reuse my cosmetic mhg it looks fine no blown water or oil jackets , i took the ribets off to take the layers apart and clean em What kind of sealer do i need to spray on it before install. ill post some pics of it tomorrow ...

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
What can i use to replace the coatin that my mhg had and so it can seal properly???

What to do to the new oil pump before install and to get it ready for start up ???

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
answer is in the link IJ. just posted.

subscribed, im thinkin of using that rebuild kit as well so i wanna see how it turns out.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
Prime your pump by putting the pickup in a clean bucket of oil and spin it till it cycles the oil thru. Use single 30 weight dino oil till it's broken in.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i thought aisin supplied parts for toyota as well as most other japanese cars. i've never seen "toyota aisin" on any of the cars ive worked on...?

looks like a quality rebuild kit

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
NewWestSupras said:
Prime your pump by putting the pickup in a clean bucket of oil and spin it till it cycles the oil thru. Use single 30 weight dino oil till it's broken in.
I pop the cover and pack in some Castrol LMM grease then replace the cover so it will self prime in seconds ;)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
bingo...

oil pump should be packed with assembly lube

the only issues I see is making sure the oil pump is for a GTE and not a GE...

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
ok guys ill be installing the pump on sunday im on my way to dalton , ga . Im gonna go get my daughter, and i have to drive up there and back so ill post on sunday any up dates thanks for the tips ,,,,,

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Well i made it back so were do you shim the oil pump at with the washers im almost done assembling the block ill be installin the manifolds and all the attachments but i need to know were to shim the oil pump ill check in an hour im goin to work on the engine ....oohh what size of washers to buy...