Complete Engine Rebuild?

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
Is there anybody in the New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Utah area that can do a complete engine rebuild for me. The oppurtunity came up for me to buy an '89 Supra turbo with good body for $900. The problem is that what is wrong with the engine is unknown and the trouble is in the lower part of the engine. I was just wondering any prices on a complete rebuild. But since I've seen some chassis' alone go for more than $1200 I knew this was a once in a lifetime oppurtunity.

Last edited:

leemk3

Aug 28, 2005
get a complete jdm engine with a good bunch of paperwork to go with it. most are low kms and make great power, clean and doccumented. this is the easiest and cheapest way to go....but you can spent tons of your cash building and oversizing and plaining/milling/honeing engine parts to stict tollerances and going the big power route. it depends on your power/ reliability goals

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
the used jdm engine is a bit of a crap shoot. I went that route to save some dough and I'm regretting it at the moment. 4 of the intake valves are seized, and there is some light surface rust in the crankcase. It might go well for you if decide on that route It has for many others. I think next time I'm going rebuilt.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
ehh

Fuck Jdm motors, people actually believe there 30-40k, Look at the front clips, most of them are 50-100k buy a Rebuilt motor on the forums or a recently rebuilt.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i agree with justin on that one. not sure any way to tell the mileage unless it comes with the odometer, and evne that could be tampered with. since its only 900, id just order up a new engine from jarco or driftmotion, or a few other guys on the forum. plenty of good 7ms hanging around, not too expensive.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
used is used

more so when the engine oil has never been changed then it goes to worthless. Way to many horror stories on "JDM" to be coincidental. A rebuild is the only way to go.

BTW in New Mexico? Isn't WOTM around that neck of the woods? PHR is in Arizona no? They should know.

car2

Jan 31, 2006
las cruces, NM
Don't know where you are in CO or what your goals are but if you are serious about a rebuild, you can contact me. I am in southern NM. We do mainly DSMs but I am always willing to help out a fellow supra lover. Only thing I will tell you is that I don't take shortcuts so if you are on a tight budget, you should seek other options. you can still contact me though. I may have some parts or stuff that may help you out. Us 'Hot Rodders' need to stick together.:icon_neut