comp ratio?

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Boss302 said:
anyone make a 10:1 ratio piston for our cars with out them being custom made?

Seeing as our pistons don't have a 10:1 ratio, I'm pretty sure the only way to get those is by them being custom made :D

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
i know they are 8.8 roughly 9 but i could've sworn i saw JE pistons on this one website that were 10:1 i know wiseco makes a 9:1.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
why would you only want 10:1? if you are going for a high HP na, go with like 10.5:1-11.5:1. the thought of 11:1 compression pistions with some 264 cams, running in translator mode on a maf with some 440s, base timing@ 13* BTDC 2.75in exhaust and some headers, makes me want to dump a shitload of money into my NA motor.

on topic however, JE makes custom pistons, heres the order form
http://www.jepistons.com/pdf/custompistons-orderform.pdf

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
No need for bigger injectors, I'm running 10.7:1 comp and will soon have some 272 cams, Have a MAp sensor aftermarket ecu, headers, 2.5 inch exhaust ported head etc etc, still no where near maxing out the standard injectors.

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
doesn't hurt to up the anty though watch what will happen when you use the stock on a dyno then use some 550's or 650's :icon_wink. to answer the ? about higher comp answer octane, racing gas and ignition. higher comp. higher octane and the better your ignition has to be to over come that pressure and mines not N/A it's turbo i just thought you N/A guys might know a little more. I'd love to throw in some 11's but aint got that kinda money..10 is perfect for what i need.

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
they may be good but they aren't the best like i said if you are making more power by using more air, cause that's what you need to make power, you need more fuel...basic stuff.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Just get a thinner headgasket. You do the calculations, then call someone. Cometic will make any size you want. Call Eric at HPF.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
RacerXJ220 said:
Just get a thinner headgasket. You do the calculations, then call someone. Cometic will make any size you want. Call Eric at HPF.

drjonez said:
stock HG thickness squished = 1.2mm.

there is a TON of stuff you can do to the engine, most importantly being upping compression ratio. shaving the head to up CR isn't the best idea as the combustion chamber gets all wacky then. unfortunately, with the amount of $$ you'll spend on custom headwork and pistons, you could have turbo'd the car and been making 2X the power (not trying to start a war, just giving facts.).

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
Boss302 said:
doesn't hurt to up the anty though watch what will happen when you use the stock on a dyno then use some 550's or 650's :icon_wink. to answer the ? about higher comp answer octane, racing gas and ignition. higher comp. higher octane and the better your ignition has to be to over come that pressure and mines not N/A it's turbo i just thought you N/A guys might know a little more. I'd love to throw in some 11's but aint got that kinda money..10 is perfect for what i need.
If you don't need more fuel you aren't going to get any power by putting bigger injectors in, infact there flow/spray pattern would suck at the % fuel loads you'd be putting through them. Cleaned or good condition stock injectors would be better.

The only reason to run bigger injectors is because you have maxed out or close to maxing out the duty cycle on the current ones.