cold Air intake vrs stock on NA?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
kelson;1848439 said:
I believe you are talking about the turbo MAF (first picture), not the NA Maf (seccond, left one).

The turbo engine (7MGTE) doesn't have a MAF, mass airflow sensor, since we want to play those games. That is a karman vortex generator which gives an increase in volume where as the vane airflow meter like in the 7MGE wouldn't. All I did was pass along useful information from the picture IJ posted with an aftermarket mass airflow meter that didn't have the screen, because Lingenfelter put maximum airflow above an accurate measurement.

Typhoon

Jun 30, 2007
ACT
RazoE;1848519 said:
If anything it's been shown you lose HP be removing the helmholtz resonator on the NA...

even if it is ugly....

Prove it. It's a silencer, nothing more.

Setsuko37

Aug 13, 2011
Canal Winchester ohio
I have a 7m with stock intake pipes except the resonator which is gone runs straight into the maf which has been modded to richen fuel (the good ol TRD way) then after that just a filter but i did that spectre tubing from the filter tip, routed it down the the front bumper and have the front right gof light removed so the tube just ram airs and not guna lie. It pulls decently for just a small intake design. compared to not running the ram air it feels about 50% less power.