Code 24 and won't fire - any suggestions?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
excellent info, as always. damn internets;) that makes more sense then having them grounded to the intake manifold :p ! thanks for clearing that up!

i'm off the the "injector driver" thread. :)

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
haha, i would have to agree;) i dont think my parents and neighbors would like it too much when raw, flaming gasoline was pouring out my tailpipe ;)

-shaeff

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
jetjock said:
NJsupra: E2 is the ecu's digital ground. I believe shorting THA to it would cause a code 24, not remove it,

It would remove it. :). Reason I thought of it as a test for him is because on my car Im running speed density via maftpro, and the only way to get rid of code 24 is to run a 2.2k ohm resistor between E2 and THA. Take care

- Steve

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Steve, of course a 2.2K resistor will remove it. That's not a short, it's 2.2K, a resistance value within the range of the stock sensor which is, after all, nothing but a thermistor.

A short would be the input directly connected to E2 and the ecu wouldn't accept that. I don't know much about the MaftPro but that dummied up 2.2K THA input could be a problem if it doesn't represent the climate where you run the car. Since it's a constant though it may not. Depends on how the MaftPro does things.

*Edit*...A quick check shows 2.2K to be around 60-68 degrees F so it's not a problem. It represents what the stock sensor would output at that temp. Hardly what I'd call a short ;)

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Well guys, the fellow with the car got it towed somewhere - I suspect to the local Toyota dealership, so I don't get to try my mad diagnostic skillz any more. :(

I really hope Toyota doesn't ream him too badly.