Clutch slipping bad

hellraiser456

Dec 29, 2006
canada
ok so my clutch is slipping bad...i let a girl drive my car this weekend and i gather she rode the crap out of my clutch.

i noticed this when i was in fifth and playing with my boost controller. as soon as i got to about 4000 the rpms unnaturally jumped up and then i immediately let off the gas. the roads were wet so i thought the tires had spun but just in case i babied it home. i discussed the issue with my roommate and we agreed upon it was my tires slipping.

so today i am out booting around when once again i notice my rpms unnaturally jump up but this time i noticed my speedo didn't move with the rpms like it should when the tires spin. just to add the engine is reving and the tach is accurate.

so that's the background. i can still drive but i can't hit boost or anything.

my questions are...

A) i did some searching and i believe it is not possible to adjust the clutch in anyway aside front he pedal...that said i will not be able to get a clutch in until at least the weekend. is there anyway i can squeeze a week or two out of this clutch.

B) will doing so damage anything else aside from the clutch itself?

C) should i be after just a clutch plate or should i go for a whole kit? i don't plan to perform any other mods power wise to the car so i am thinking of just using an OEM clutch as i heard they are good for 400ft/lbs of torque.

My mods are 3in dp, intake and a boost controller with a upgraded BOV. i am running at 12psi.

thanks in advance guys

EDIT: this just came to my head....do i also need to get the fly wheel machined

Last edited:

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
For your power level I would suggest the OEM toyota face for sure. However, are you sure you won't add more mods? If you plan to in the future it might make more sense to do it now. I plan to buy the kit from Driftmotion that includes an OEM clutch disc and a 2800lb pressure plate. Might be something you should look into before ordering parts. Good luck with getting it back on the road.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
hellraiser456 said:
any pointers i should know about or tricks or special tools i need. i have done clutches before, just not a supra clutch
Remove the slave cyl,bell housing bolts, driveshaft,speedo cable, wires and fork (just get it a hard pull straight out, Out comes the tranny. John