Clutch Pedal Problems

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
A few months ago i changed my clutch master cylinder cause it was leaking and bled the system everything was fine. Now the pressure on the pedal is very weak and now sometimes the pedal gets stuck about half way and then 2-3 seconds later comes back up. the gears goes in fine, im thinking its my slave cylinder or can it be something else. my car is a 88 N/A

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
i replaced my clutch master cylinder, then a week later i needed another new one. faulty part from lordco.

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
When i changed and Bled the system i used supra tsrm also adjusted it just like it said to. Im gonna try to bleed it tomorrow after i get out of work. but how do u know if the slave cylinder goes bad

suprana1990

Apr 4, 2005
NYC
i am having the same problem
i just changed my clutch master and slave less than a week.
i am expericencing the same problem u described.
i bled it like crazy and it is still doing the same thing.
soft and low clutch engagement and 2-3 sec. the pedal pops back up by itself

no intention on hijacking ur thread jsut want to know what is the prob. also

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
suprana90 thats cool, well i bought the slave clyinder so im gonna install it this weekend and bleed the hell out of it. just wondering if anyone else has anymore suggestions

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
ok just got done changing the slave cylinder from my car and now the pedal is smooth but still having the same problem, very little pressure now its worse than before. I bleed the system for awhile unitl i saw no more bubbles. SO DR J were u at i always seeing u postin good info. so anyone else has any other suggestions.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ok had the same problem, my slaves continue to die after like 6 months, more than likely u have air in your system also, when u installed the master did u readjust the petal? check all of your lines one of mine had a small leak and this effected the clutch alot AKA when petal was pushed in the fluid would come out and when let go of a small amount of air would enter the system. causing my clutch petal to get stuck sometimes 1/2 way or it would fly to the floor and not return.

this problem is more than likely in your slave, replace or check to see if it is engaging,

another question is when you pump the petal alot does it start to engage?

to see if you have air in your lines pump the crap out of the petal and if it starts to work then you have AIR. the air from pumping the petal builds up in the slave.

that might help if not, explain to us a more indepth problem?

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
ok guys after months with the pedal i finally changed the clutch, pp, tob, pilot bearing and wow what a diffence now the car shifters a lot smoother, doesnt make a lot of noise as before, & accelaration is a lot better than before. also does anyone know about how long the clutch takes to break in cause the clutch kit didnt say anything about that.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
opinions differ.......200, 500, 1000.....some people just say drive it in stop and go for a day....just easy with it for a while.