clutch help!

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
it currently has a new slave cylinder and master cylinder. but when i try to use the napa bleeder when i try to push the pedal down it pushes fluid out from the threads. therefore wouldnt it also let air back in throught the same spot??? im just curious. cuz this is the only car i have now other than my wifes camry.
oh and you can get a new slave cylinder from either autozone or advance for like $25 or from carquest for $30, but im guessing im going to have to pull the clutch out and replace it if i cant get this bled out right. thanx for the help.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
The pedal isn't getting stuck on the floormat is it?
It may sound dumb, but I "fixed" a girls car like that. She said the mechanic said that she needed a new clutch. :wtf:

L

lanky189

i second the floor mat thing...

also make sure it's adjusted within spec..you may be pushign the clutch so far that the TOB is getting hung up on the input shaft on the transmission.

Also...how is your clutch hose? if it's collapsing you could have a similar problem.

L

lanky189

um..the only hose involved in the clutch system..the hydraulic hose that connects to the slave cylinder

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
ok i have tried everything and still the clutch stays down next to the floor and wont come back up unless you pull it up. so does anyone have any sugg. before i pull the clutch out? i holding that for a last resort.

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
Those cylinders can be tricky.., I'd check them again. Because you know you don't want to screw witht that clutch unless you have to. You may have them switched or something scewy.