Clear indicators. Yay or nay?

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
I have a dark blue 1990... and I love my clear fronts with orange LEDs in them. I think the stock orange ones look old and ugly.. (but thats just my opinion) However, the split orange/white i dont mind.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
yeah, it looks terrible on darker cars :squint:

p1771768_1.jpg

p1771768_2.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nick M;1771793 said:

You just don't like changing anything that Toyota put on these cars. :p

They do look out of place on a dark car though, looks strange next to the orange side markers...

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I like them on cars that are already visually modded, but on mostly stock looking cars they seem out of place somehow.

Anyone have any pics of the smoked ones? I was thinking of putting them on mine, I think they would really set the car off with everything being so black and dark already.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
I like the look of the smoked lens and side markers, I want to try it on a Silver and then Black Supra. My only gripe about the styling of the 89+ body style is the look of the front bumper. I'd prefer to have the blinker covers to give a more flush appearance, but if the turn signals are less noticeable (as long as there is no color clash they should blend with the stock 89+ grating), which I believe would help overall. I'd say the clear looks fine on some colors, but mostly white and red.

I ordered a set of Ebay turn signals and side markers a couple of days ago, so I'll test them out to see how they look. I also thought about giving the tail lights a very light tint to help match (also to hide light scratching), but that seems too fadish.

BTW, why aren't the blinker covers more popular, aside from being over priced and hard to find? They look great on a clean Black MKIII

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
SupraMedical68;1772237 said:
I like the look of the smoked lens and side markers, I want to try it on a Silver and then Black Supra. My only gripe about the styling of the 89+ body style is the look of the front bumper. I'd prefer to have the blinker covers to give a more flush appearance, but if the turn signals are less noticeable (as long as there is no color clash they should blend with the stock 89+ grating), which I believe would help overall. I'd say the clear looks fine on some colors, but mostly white and red.

I ordered a set of Ebay turn signals and side markers a couple of days ago, so I'll test them out to see how they look. I also thought about giving the tail lights a very light tint to help match (also to hide light scratching), but that seems too fadish.

BTW, why aren't the blinker covers more popular, aside from being over priced and hard to find? They look great on a clean Black MKIII

not sure why the blinker covers are more popular..... I am tinting my 89+ tail lights though, supposed to pick them up from a mate yesterday but I may be able to get it cheaper so holding on for a bit.

Using this to tint , seen a thread about it on the kza80 , reckon they should look good on the tail lights

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DARK-SMOKED-TAIL-LIGHT-TINT-Toyota-Supra-tinting-film-JZA80-JZA70-MA70-MR2-/180733900853?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a14947835

Not sure if im painting middle section or not yet....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nick M;1772024 said:
Uh, no. They do look quite ghey. What is next? Neon under lights?
Hey, can't let the ricers have ALL the good ideas now can we? Just messing with ya man. :p

Personally, I gotta say the pre-89 stockers look best. Ever seen one coming your way with just the running lights on in low light? Things just look menacing they're so wide...

SupraMedical68;1772237 said:
Not saying they look bad, because they do look good on a black car, however... I think they make the car look too much like a Mk4.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Only downside to doing that on a pre-89 car Aloshan, as I'm sure you've noticed already, is the trim in the center there. Otherwise looks great. :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It matches pretty good, but they're obviously off a black car. Take the center section back off, unbolt the 2 metal trim pieces between the center lense and lower trim, and paint it body color.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
aloshan;1772181 said:
think the clear ones look better then the smoked on every car Ive seen , pre 89 or post

They'd look weird on my car though, but the smoke ones would blend right in nicely. I'm thinking I might just do the sidemarkers though, I like the stock turn signals.

I wonder how reflective the aftermarket smoked ones are though. Don't want some dumbass running into it in a parking lot because the reflectors weren't reflecting any light. The stockers light up like cat's eyes when headlights shine on them.