Cleanest MK3 I've ever seen in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
oooo nice, my second favorite color too!!
I think it's for real although they did put every Armour-all product made on it.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
ForcedTorque;1348965 said:
:bsflag:

While the car is very beautiful, I gotta cry foul on the mileage. I believe at least the full 10K was spent in the restoring/detailing of this car.

Look at the pedals. They missed that step of the clean up. They look to me to be used a little more than I'd expect to see in a car of such low mileage.

The nose cone does not match the paint of the rest of the car. You might say, that it is a plastic part, and the paint on it should be different from the painted metal. While that is right, shouldn't it at least be close to the color of the bumper below?

How about the alignment of the drivers door? Look at the moldig towards the back end of the door. If that is hard to see for you, drop down to the gap at the bottom of that door. Is it the same gap at both ends? Was the car stored all these years with the door open? I doubt it.

Now lets look at the instrument panel. Very nice looking! It seems to be idleing a little higher than it should be. And oil pressure, who has a solid 20 pounds at idle?

I can't bitch much in the engine compartment with a quick look. I would think that the pinch clamp near the 3000 pipe would have a little bit of tarnish after 22 years. It's brand new. How many other brand new parts does the car have?

Agree

The paint on the hood does not match the paint on the front bumper. If it was factory it would deffinetly match.

Does look pretty nice though.

MKIIITurbo

Jun 6, 2009
California
hvyman;1348740 said:
wow thats a clean car. 10k really doesnt sound that bad if the milage is orig.

I would definetly get it, but I dont have the money and live in CA, but you're right the milage is worth it if it is original miles

Danlo

May 27, 2009
North Carolina
suprarx7nut;1348737 said:
22,000 original miles.
Turbo, 5spd.

Very, very rare for Colorado. I'm going to have to go see it.

4268904_1.jpg

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/1229933905.html

http://murray-motors.ebizautos.com/...a-Base_Trim-4268904.html?src=CraigsList&pid=1

Incredible shape.:icon_razz
It is missing the original stereo.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
The front nose piece is going to look different over time than the rest of the car because it is made from a different material. Yes it is a very low mileage car however the paint is over 20 years old.

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
kwnate;1349537 said:
Lame, homo blue...

Looks like silver to me. If so, its hard for me to imagine that my car once looked that good lol.

edit: My bad, didn't click the add. It's amazing how much those two colors compare to each other in pics.

Last edited:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
ForcedTorque;1348965 said:
:bsflag:

While the car is very beautiful, I gotta cry foul on the mileage. I believe at least the full 10K was spent in the restoring/detailing of this car.

Look at the pedals. They missed that step of the clean up. They look to me to be used a little more than I'd expect to see in a car of such low mileage.

The nose cone does not match the paint of the rest of the car. You might say, that it is a plastic part, and the paint on it should be different from the painted metal. While that is right, shouldn't it at least be close to the color of the bumper below?

How about the alignment of the drivers door? Look at the moldig towards the back end of the door. If that is hard to see for you, drop down to the gap at the bottom of that door. Is it the same gap at both ends? Was the car stored all these years with the door open? I doubt it.

Now lets look at the instrument panel. Very nice looking! It seems to be idleing a little higher than it should be. And oil pressure, who has a solid 20 pounds at idle?

I can't bitch much in the engine compartment with a quick look. I would think that the pinch clamp near the 3000 pipe would have a little bit of tarnish after 22 years. It's brand new. How many other brand new parts does the car have?

As somebody who's spent far more than 10K restoring a car, I completely disagree with you. Every single dichromated part (yellow) in the engine bay is still bright. To do this in a resto, you would either need to disassemble everything and plate it (which is not easy with the CC actuator) or buy everything new. (the actuator itself is over $500). The interior is also immaculate. Most of the interior can no longer be purchased, so i doubt you could even restore it to factory. As far as the front bumper is concerned, maybe it was in an accident in its first 22k miles.

Bottom line, why would somebody try pull the wool over peoples eyes for only 10k when restoring the car to new condition would have probably cost double that? I could see if they were trying to sell it for 35k but they aren't.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
^ I looked at the first few pages and last couple of pages of your build today, since you have been a recent help to me. I must say you are definitely qualified to doubt my claim. I must spend some more time in that build tonight.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
ok folks,

anyone buying the car? No?

Then besides admiring (instead of admonishing the car like th other thread I closed), what is the purpose of this thread?

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.