Chrome on my moldings.....YAY or GAY??

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Jeff Lange said:
Surprisingly (VERY) I actually kind of like it. I wouldn't do it, but I think if you like it, you should keep it. It's pretty unique and matches your wheels great.
That's exactly how I feel. If Toyota offered the strip instead of the entire molding, I would have never had to find something different. We both know how much a new set of moldings can run......I already spent enough on all the window trim and weather strips.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Sawbladz said:
I like. I can't even explain why. I'm also certain that it would look like shit on my car with gray moldings.
Agreed......the black moldings, all the black trim, the wheels compliments it well....like most peeps have said, I agree that this would NOT work in most situations.......it would look cheezy on yours.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
AMAZING. :love:

Something about that, just looks so...perfect. :)

Chrome Lip + Chrome Trim = For The Win.

Keep it, for sure.

-Jeff

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
ForcedTorque said:
Damn It! You have me questioning my choice for RED moldings. But i was choosing between red and grey.......black=not fair! But I think I'm stuck on Red.
Scott......try the gray with black strip.....chrome and black are easy to get.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Boost Lee said:
AMAZING. :love:

Something about that, just looks so...perfect. :)

Chrome Lip + Chrome Trim = For The Win.

Keep it, for sure.

-Jeff
Thanks Jeff!

Why the hell is SF still so slow??? Everything is turtle speed every time I go, is it SF or me??? It's like I have dial up.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I think it's because they have so many people on there, but I couldn't swear to it in court.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
This will probably be the only time I will say chrome mouldings don't look gay. It complements the wheels well, and has a weird european luxury vibe going. If the car was any other color it probably wouldn't work.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
When I saw the title of the thread, I was already being prejudice. But, I said hell, why not open it....Low and behold, it looks fantastic!!!

Great job and trying something new and definitely getting away with it. 2 thumbs up from me :thumbup: :thumbup: .

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
im really surprised when i read the title i thought i was gonna hate it but it contrasts very very well

go for it!

edit: the black flows right into your turn signal covers too!