Check it out, quality shave and color change...Body work is finished!

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Very nice

Did the same with mine but i like my trims also

I love this candy colour also...

Keep as posted and update please

P.S.: Why be a lurker when you do such a quality job......:icon_razz

Kalos

Medic
Aug 16, 2008
Idaho
Thanks for all the comments! I bought the Supra when I was a junior in high school and it was my daily driver all through college. Now, I have a couple of other daily drivers, so I can take the Supra out of commission for all this work.

The master behind the body work is a co-worker of mine who has over 20 years experience in body work before working in EMS. Yes, the before pic was taken in a fire station. I am a Paramedic. In between saving lives and rescuing kittens we sometimes have time to eat, sleep, and occasionally wash our cars. :icon_bigg

The work so far has taken about a year to complete. We definitely not rushing things. The paint code is YR-557P and I am very pleased with how the color turned out! Just a hint of copper highlights, but overall a rich dark red color. Here are some more pics after some work last night...

p1502214_1.jpg

p1502214_2.jpg

p1502214_3.jpg

p1502214_4.jpg

p1502214_5.jpg

p1502214_6.jpg

p1502214_7.jpg

p1502214_8.jpg

p1502214_9.jpg

p1502214_10.jpg

Windshield from a local glass shop
p1502214_11.jpg

I have also taken the tails apart in hopes of an LED retrofit. Now I have to learn how to build a PWM...
p1502214_12.jpg

Last edited:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Not gonna lie, was hoping for something else when I clicked on this thread ;)

VERY nice work. Quality job there, I'm personally not a fan of the shaved look (on a supra) but I definitely appreciate the work and time put into it. Very nice :bigthumb:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Looks nice. I would colorsand and buff it out. That would really make it look like a show car. What brand of paint was used? How many coats of clear? Is that hot rod black he used on the trim?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Oh btw, what kind of "friend" price did he charge you to do all of that work? If you don't mind saying that is. Did that include paint and labor, or just labor and you front all the materials to get it done? That's alot of work done there.

Kalos

Medic
Aug 16, 2008
Idaho
We used a European clearcoat ($300/gallon) and put on about 4 coats. It hasn't been cut/buffed yet, we are still putting the interior back together. The "friend" price was incredible: all the body work for the trim shave, shaved antenna and headlight nozzles, color change paint job, a couple of dents removed, spoiler and body kit installed, and new windshield. All for..... That includes the price of materials, paint, windshield etc.

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Kalos;1502796 said:
We used a European clearcoat ($300/gallon) and put on about 4 coats. It hasn't been cut/buffed yet, we are still putting the interior back together. The "friend" price was incredible: all the body work for the trim shave, shaved antenna and headlight nozzles, color change paint job, a couple of dents removed, spoiler and body kit installed, and new windshield. All for $4000. That includes the price of materials, paint, windshield etc.

That is an awesome price for everything. A real body shop would have charged you well over 10K for the shave work, disassembly/reassembly, color change, glass, etc. materials for that kind of job. European style clear always lays out smoother than traditional. Especially if you use the slow activator. You just have to be patient with the flash times. It's a very nice job. In for pics after the cut and buff. You guys haven't seen nothing yet!

Kalos

Medic
Aug 16, 2008
Idaho
I thought about it, but I just like the practicality of normal door handles. I shaved the trim to update the style of the body, and the flushed OEM handles are a clean enough look for me.

Thanks, powaz, I think the clear will leave a very durable finish. I am VERY fortunate to have this guy helping me with my car, he really does an incredible job.