Cheap horsepower HELP!!!!

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
Poodles;1764268 said:
There's nothing useless in the engine bay.

true, but the AC system can be removed, but thats not alot of weight either.

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

dubsupra209;1764187 said:
theres no difference in high flow and regualar cats...as thats what i have been told by to different exhaust shops...

that casue the stock replacment can cost more than a universal fit high flow one.

there is a big difference you can feel on the butt dyno between the 2.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Poodles;1764268 said:
Laugh all you want, doesn't change the fact that they're wrong. On an NA it's going to do nothing, on a turbo car pushing higher numbers, the difference is very apparent. Just like crush bent piping compared to mandrel bent (and exhaust shops will tell you there's no difference).

laugh was agreeing with you...a

Kingsoup

Apr 8, 2005
Calgary
Get a cheap exhaust and intake, don't pull out the interior as its a nice interior and you will miss it way more then the very slight increase in speed you'll have.
Its a good motor, good power, just enjoy, if you really want to go faster in the future, sell it and buy a GTE car.
Did I mention the 7MGE makes quite a bit better MPG and is more reliable then the Turbo? not small things to forget about.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Cheap and horsepower are generally not things that go well together... my advice from a few years of owning NA's?

-Suspension
-Tires
-Brakes

In that order too... may not be all that fast in a straight line, but they make kick ass daily drivers when setup like that, I LOVED my 88. Leave the interior nice and all there, maybe get a decent stereo upgrade, or something like a 2.25"-2.5" exhaust with a nice APPROPRIATE muffler if you like the sound. :D