Centerforce Dual Friction Specs/Ratings.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Hey i was wondering if any you guys are running a centerforce dual friction clutch and if so, wat do u think of it? know the specs? wat is the max torque it is rated at? i cannot find that info anywhere not even on they're site.

thanks!

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
I have it for the NA tranny. Up to 16 psi of boost it holds fine. Anything above 16 and it slips. I dynoed 343 trq at 18psi, so I figure it's holding around 300 pounds of torque.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Okay, I ran this clutch myself and with a proper break-in period I used it with MUCH success for 15000+ miles. I only took it out because I had higher hp goals at the time. Centerforce will only guarantee the clutch for 90% over stock and that's it!

However, I made over 454+ rwhp on mine with no issues AS LONG AS YOU BREAK IT IN CORRECTLY! I used it in conjunction with a LW flywheel and it was awesome...soooooooooooooo smooth! It also looked perfect coming out of there, too.

I say go for it!!!

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
the centerforce pp for our cars i dont even think have the little weights.. some cars get em some dont... im jut going to do an act PP with a titan disk.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
I have a centerforce clutch in my car, it was running not too badly for the first 15,000kms, properly broken in, etc.

Over the past season it slowly started slipping, it was used for auto-x consistantly for a season.

It's slipping BAD now. 20,000kms.

I'm at 9psi of boost.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
ok im having a hard time figure out how many miles that is...as for the PP could i use it with a diff. disk?

*edit 15000kms is 9.3k miles

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
I wouldn't use a different disk...you probably could, but more than likely not a good idea. They designed them to work together so I would use them that way. If you want a rebuildable clutch, HPF has some really nice options...:)

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
sounds good, i guess i'll go for it, if not i'll just save for something better. clutch is bad now so i need something until i have enuff for a better clutch.