Car wont start with new mods

supranatural

Apr 7, 2007
Oregon
I have a 88 Supra 7mgte and I've just installed a 57trim ct26 with all the upgraded fuel system (RC 550cc, Walbro fuel pump, Aeromotive FPR, Lex AFM, wideband, apexi safc) and I went to start up the car and it will crank but wont turn over. I'm pretty sure the fuel pump is working because I can hear it whine when I try to start the car. I've adjusted the fuel pressure regulator up and down around and still no luck. I'm pretty sure got everything hooked up right. I'm just not sure why my car won't fire up??? If you have any tips, that would be SUPER helpful. Thanks.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
for starters you mean it will crank over but not crank up ?... take a fuel line off and put in a bucket. have someone crank car.. it should pour out like a garden hose....

if you have fuel and spark... you got to much or to little.... if you pull pluggs and they are wet its to much...

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Also make sure the AFC powers up or all it will do is crank. (My issue at the moment...but is seems to be intermittent.)

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
First (Check Codes)

You need fuel, air and spark basically for a engine to run.

If you have Aeromotive FPR then it should be easy to see if it's getting fuel cause its has a gauge on it that shows the pressure. You can also crack the return line on the fuel rail and see if fuel squirts out when you try and turn the engine over. Sometimes Air will get trapped in there and that can cause problems.

As for spark, pull a plug wire put a spark plug in it, ground it and turn the engine over to make sure you have spark.

I don't think air is going to be a problem.

Your car should be running now unless you some how got the timing way off but with what you did you shouldn't have had to mess with that.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Do you have the car select, and other options on the S-AFC set correctly?

If you have a bad wire connections going to the ignitor,
it may not be sending the spark confirm signal back to the ECU.
If that happens, then the ECU will not bring the injectors on line.

I had one once that would fire when cranked,
but as soon as you let off the key, the engine would die.
Turned out that a knock sensor connection had not been put back on.

So check your codes.........

supranatural

Apr 7, 2007
Oregon
Well, I checked the fuel pump operation by connecting the terminals +B and Fp and there was no fuel pressure..plus I unhooked a fuel line from the FPR and crank the car and no fuel squirt out. I hate to say, but I'm thinking I probably install the Walbro fuel pump wrong??? I soldered the wires on the fuel pump..what could go wrong? Is there a drain plug in the fuel tank? Because I'm thinking I need to take the fuel tank out again for inspection and it has 5 gallons of fuel in there.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
When you turn the key on, do you get a CEL light?
Check your EFI fuse in the engine bay fuse box.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
if FP is on, i bet you wired the AFC wrong and cut the AFM signal incorrectly or one of the other wires.