Car won't rev past 3K rpm

supranatural

Apr 7, 2007
Oregon
Hey all, so I finished putting in my mods and now my car won't rev past 3K. My car isn't tuned yet. It starts up alright, but when I rev it..it'll cut out at 3K. My mods consist of the following:
-lexus v8 afm
-CT26 57trim
-RC550cc injectors
-Aeromotive A1000 afpr
-Apexi S-AFC 1
-Zextronics wideband(not hooked up yet)
-Walbro 255 fuel pump

I'm new to building up cars so I'm not sure what's going on. Has anybody had this type of problem in the past or been through it. I would really like to just get my car running OK so I can get it to the paint shop, and when I get it back, I can work on fine tuning it. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
First, check for codes.

My first guess is going to be a disconnected or dead AFM. The electronics are identicle from the stock GTE one and the Lexus one, it's the housings that are different. Swap the electronics from your (hopefully) know good stock one if you need to.

But check for codes FIRST. If it is the AFM, it WILL tell you.

supranatural

Apr 7, 2007
Oregon
Poodles;1101847 said:
First, check for codes.

My first guess is going to be a disconnected or dead AFM. The electronics are identicle from the stock GTE one and the Lexus one, it's the housings that are different. Swap the electronics from your (hopefully) know good stock one if you need to.

But check for codes FIRST. If it is the AFM, it WILL tell you.

YES, I'm also getting a check engine light and the code that flashes is the AFM...so you're saying that the electronic from the Lexus V8 afm works for the Supra's?? I was told that I needed to switch the electronics from the Supra's housing to the Lexus afm, which I did. But cool, I'll switch the Lexus electronic back and see what happens. Thanks!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Dunno how that info keeps spreading, but the electronics are literally IDENTICLE.

Same part number and everything on the box.

supranatural

Apr 7, 2007
Oregon
Poodles;1102599 said:
Dunno how that info keeps spreading, but the electronics are literally IDENTICLE.

Same part number and everything on the box.

I went and switch the Lexus electronic back and now the car won't even rev anymore...it'll start up fine, but when you tap on the gas pedal, it'll just bog and wants to die. Any other suggestions about what I can do to solve this problem???????????????

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
Check the S-AFC wiring. When I put mine in the wire that "intercepts" the AFM signal was not soldered well enough so the computer was not gettin the AFM signal.