car takes FFOORREEVVEERR to warm up...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
mattjk said:
OK, so I had the same problem but on my 1jz... I thought my t-stat was worn out so I bought a new 2jz t-stat and samco radiator hoses from Driftmotion and installed them this morning.

I pull off the water neck and there is NO t-stat inside! :aigo: Stupid owner in japan must have removed it.

Anyhow, warms up fine now. :love:

when i got my JDM 7mgte running for the first time, it was january (two years ago?). i let it idle until the temp gauge started moving, then drove it up and down my street. (back road in a small town)- no heat, and the temp gauge dropped back down to COLD. i was like WTF?

i already had a new T-stat i forgot to put in while i had the motor out, so i proceeded to do so, and when i removed the thermsotat housing, much to my surprise, it was empty! popped it in, nice and warm. :)

-shaeff

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
shaeff said:
when i got my JDM 7mgte running for the first time, it was january (two years ago?). i let it idle until the temp gauge started moving, then drove it up and down my street. (back road in a small town)- no heat, and the temp gauge dropped back down to COLD. i was like WTF?

i already had a new T-stat i forgot to put in while i had the motor out, so i proceeded to do so, and when i removed the thermsotat housing, much to my surprise, it was empty! popped it in, nice and warm. :)

-shaeff
hahahaha

I just had a time getting the thermo and gasket in the housing together.