Car Stalls

BiGGinZ

May 3, 2007
SoCal
Okay guys, I was having a problem with my cars idle and it wouldn't even start with the afm sensor plugged in. Only with it out. So I replaced the afm figuring that was the problem. Car still has the same problem. And with the afm unplugged it will start, idle rough, and if I touch the gas pedal at all the car will die. Checked the intercooler lines, no leaks, bov is recirculated, intake tubing to the turbo looks good, no leaks. Car is stock so no aftermarket electronics or fuel upgrades or anything on it. Any Ideas? Thanks for your help.

BiGGinZ

BiGGinZ

May 3, 2007
SoCal
I dont know the exact codes. It was at a shop and I was told it was running a code for the coolant temp sensors, and the afm. But the afm isnt plugged in so that would explain that one.

BiGGinZ

May 3, 2007
SoCal
Dunckel said:
It WAS at a shop? So, you have it again? I would go out and check the codes for yourself, and we can go from there.
In case you don't know how.....http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/TechTips/engine_error_codes.aspx

Yea it was at a shop, they fixed an exhaust leak at the manifold. They saw what it was doing, ran the codes, told me it was the afm and coolant temp sensors. They told me to replace the afm and it would run fine. I will check it out and do the codes and get them up here.

BiGGinZ

BiGGinZ

May 3, 2007
SoCal
Dunckel said:
Have you checked your timing?

No I haven't checked the timing. Asked the shop to do it while it was in there but they never told me if they did or not. Forgot to ask when this problem showed up.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
check the timing, or have your shop check it. If that's ok, spray some carb cleaner around the intake manifold gasket, and throttle body. If the car stumbles, you have a leak, causing the rough idle and stalling. To check out the codes, check the TSRM.

EDIT: not carb cleaner. ether, or starting fluid.

BiGGinZ

May 3, 2007
SoCal
I think I am going to just tow it to the shop I guess and have them do the timing and fix it. Thanks for all the help.