car sounds like it misfires at 3lbs of boost??!

my89supra

Nov 21, 2010
new jersey
i have an 89 supra turbo stock... my car is in the very slow process of restoration... my problem has me baffled bc im no expert with cars...,

about a week ago my car had been runnin great... until i blew a heater hose... i never let the car over heat or go bone dry... i immediatly replaced the hose and refilled the coolant and as i was drivin home the car started actin funny when i tried to get on it... at about 3lbs of boost it sounds and feels like a cylinder cuts out and i lose acceleration and power... over the last week i've noticed that when the engine is cold it runs normal but once it heats up it has the problem again... i hav no clue wat the prob could be and would like to know if anyone else has had this issue occur

my89supra

Nov 21, 2010
new jersey
so last night i went and got what fluids were in with the plugs out and took it for a test drive only to find the problem is worse now and the boost dosent seem to be involved now ha..

my89supra

Nov 21, 2010
new jersey
did the compression test yesterday... cylinder 6 had a lower compression.... and after the compression test the car ran like normal but today the problem started right back up...

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
That's not good, but there's a few things that could cause that on some motors. I'd do a few more tests before screaming BHG but it's a possibility