car runs but lacks power!!! part 2 with videos

89 Black Beauty

Supra Alarm & Stereo Guy
Jan 11, 2006
Abbotsford
WTF? i've never come across advancing your cam gears in any thread on any supra site... if you read the manual it tells you how to set the timing belt the way it was designed for by TOYOTA. They even give you marks where to set it to.

supra153624

Mar 12, 2008
bishopville, south carolina
supraguy@aol;1090557 said:
LMAO! Yeah. I think we might have found part of the problem. Time your cams as per TSRM. Also, judging by video #3, I think I see another reason you have no power- You have NO GAS.

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/erincantoo/?action=view&current=07-13-08a011.flv
[/QUOTE]

yea the no gas is my bad lol and i have a bad TPS switch anyway as far as the cams go i had special cams made for longer duration of opening so i had to set my cams just a little off tsrm, but how else do you fix a car and make it faster with out everyone lookin at me funny lol but its all good, i love my car n the only way to figure some shit out is threw expierence and knowledge and i neather claim to be that smart to understand eveything, i just try my best to make a toyota stay a toyota for a long time, and i ask for help when im stumped, everyones been helpfull even the haters and smart assess (no offence to anyone) but even them make u think about other unforseen problems when working off the beaten trail