Car is cutting out...

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
I went to dirtlords and we worked on my car. Changed a bad plug wire, fixed bad acordian hose, and retightened downpipe stuff, ect... Instead of running better, my car started cutting out like it was hitting fuel cut. But it is cutting out way sooner than ever before. It was even cutting out on interstate at 80mph at 3000RPM. It has never done that, I wasn't even in boost. Is my fuel pump getting weak? My car is alot weaker than what it should be too. His N/A 5 speed had more power than my turbo auto. I had quite a bit of blowby in my acordian also. I guess I need to do a compression check.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
check your tps and afm. Mine would do the same thing under cruise. Turned out my TB shaft was loose and the TPS was getting a fluctuated signal.

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
89turbosupra said:
check your tps and afm. Mine would do the same thing under cruise. Turned out my TB shaft was loose and the TPS was getting a fluctuated signal.

I will check that out. Dirtlord said my AFM isnt the factory silicone around it. Someone may have been inside it. I will try replacing that also..

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
On the way home from work, it would run ok, till it started boosting, then went to shit. its getting worse, almost acts like it isn't getting fuel, or the fuel is watered down. I got bad gas in my motorcycle once, and its doing the same thing. Hmmmm FUEL FILTER I bet! That makes sence to me...I will check that too..

You know you love your car when your worried about it, instead of being pissed off at it. If it was a ford I would be cussing, and getting a gallon of gas and a match. LMAO

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
sounds like the same probelm my car was doing.. the shop didn't even know what was going on..lol.. turns out my intake filter was to tight/restrictive and during boost it would cut out like small fuel cuts or what ever.. your car might not be geting enough air some how..

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
suprafanatic said:
sounds like the same probelm my car was doing.. the shop didn't even know what was going on..lol.. turns out my intake filter was to tight/restrictive and during boost it would cut out like small fuel cuts or what ever.. your car might not be geting enough air some how..

Its getting plenty of air, the car straightened out on its own, after I got gas again. I think it was bad gas. Dirtlord and me got gas at the same place, hope his is running ok after. Could have been the computer needed to reset after we fixed air leaks and stuff also. Who knows..

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
did you buy the reg. or the mid.? i always get the mid. i cant really say i've had any problems with mine tho. i always get gas there and never had a problem with it. but then again i wouldnt buy reg. any where in this town. glad to hear you got that worked out tho.