Car insurance for my MKIII.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
aloshan;1783085 said:
no im 24 , its just that in sydney if you drive a turbo car and you are under 25 , insurance is ridiculous

Damn, that's rough. My Supra insurance has been the same as a camry ever since I've owned it. Just another Toyota to most insurers here, so it seems.

87Burg7mgte

May 4, 2011
Turlock, CA
I pay 83 a month but for the Supra and an 02 Accord with full coverage. Initially I thought id be paying more, glad I was wrong.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
I have gotten quotes from state farm, geico, progressive, esurance, and some local spots. i am 21 and my car is n/a and the lowest quote i have gotten is 62 a month for BASIC lol and that was from geico i might call a few more places but i am very close to giving up.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Turbo Habanero;1783087 said:
How would the insurers know if you were to turn back the dial a bit.... :)
Or if your speedometer cable happens to be broken... Then again, insurance fraud IS a crime (likely a VERY serious one in most places), so you gotta ask yourself it it's really worth it? ;)

Avicii;1783196 said:
I have gotten quotes from state farm, geico, progressive, esurance, and some local spots. i am 21 and my car is n/a and the lowest quote i have gotten is 62 a month for BASIC lol and that was from geico i might call a few more places but i am very close to giving up.
I'd say you're doing just fine then. I was living in Phoenix growing up, and merely LIABILITY on a 9 year old Cavalier was at least double that when I was your age, and this was... 7 or 8 years ago now? For what it's worth my record was clean at the time, accident free, ticket free, etc... $62 per month isn't terrible. Try pricing out a new car just for giggles.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Personally, I would never ever get car insurance through State Farm, just because of what they did to me, when someone backed into my car, then ran from the scene. Eventually, they turned up and we exchanged insurance information.. But when I got the quote of 1600 dollars to repair my car, they sent a check out for 1600 dollars, then put a stop pay on it, sent out another check for 900. When I called them and asked them why they said my mom told them that most of the damage was prior to this accident. I asked her if she said that and she said of course not.

So they lied, just to get the quote down. Then I told them if the damage was previous, the first quote was not including a new wheel (which was damaged in the accident), and then they shut up and gave me a check for 1350 dollars..

Total cost of repair? 100 bucks.. hahahaha

LunaVyohr

Classhole
Sep 30, 2011
Paonia, Colorado
19 years old, and I have two serious driving offenses on my record (one reckless and one careless). I pay out of pocket, $132 per month for liability through Progressive.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
$95 a month for mostly basic Gieco currently. 20 with a shit load of tickets but no current points on my license.

Just me and the Supra. FWIW, somehow insurance on my Cobra under progressive when I was still on my parent's policy was ~300 a month. More than my car payment. They quoted me $205 by myself with the Supra. Progressive can pound sand.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I pay $409/year with a $100 deductible and rental car coverage, I don't have collision though. Forgot to mention this is with Progressive.

Damn... some of you guys must REALLY like your car to pay $2K+ for insurance (especially on a non-turbo!). Insurance pricing is always a factor when I buy a car. I was looking at buying an Integra GSR for a beater car once but canged my mind because the insurance was $1200 a year because apparently the damn things get stolen like they're made of cocaine.

gerrywitt19

Dec 8, 2011
CA
It seems okay but there’s a possibility that you could get even cheaper car insurance. I don’t know for sure and neither does anyone else on this forum since we aren’t privy to your demographic details, driving record, coverage limits, or financial record. The only way for you to find out is to look at as many quotes from reputed companies as you can.