Car feels faster at times?

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
I know what your talking about, my car does the same thing. I got on it hard last night and it felt great, then all of a sudden I did it again like 5 minutes later and it felt like it had nothing. I still need to go over a lot of things before I can determine what it is though.

WonIt

Air ,Fuel ,Spark!
Feb 26, 2006
Front Royal,VA
Check for boost leaks. Could be heat soak. Same thing happened to me,found that the lower IC pipe had a nice long crack in it. Put a new one one and t went bye bye.

jeffdemara

Banned
Dec 10, 2007
Vancouver
if it were a crack in the lower IC pipe, wouldnt it do this symtom all the time? not just the first time and not the next time?

WonIt

Air ,Fuel ,Spark!
Feb 26, 2006
Front Royal,VA
Is there any smoke when you step on it and notice the loss of power? Also i threw a turbo pressure code (turbo overboosting). Not sure if that does anything to the car as far as the ecu trying to let it drive without harming anything.

When it happened to me, i was at the track. 1st pass went smooth,2nd pass was when i noticed the power loss. I let the car sit for almost a hour trying to see what the problem was. took it out for a third pass and it ran fine again,then 4th back to shit. Got it back to the shop and put it on a rack,discovered the cracked hose,bought on from toyota($115 wasted ,due to the fact i bought cooleeze 2 weeks latter) and never had that problem again. so it can happen!

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
Yeah I can see it happening, those hoses get hard like a rock, hairline cracks maybe can open at certain boost ranges. I need to get a hard pipe kit soon.

jeffdemara

Banned
Dec 10, 2007
Vancouver
You know what, i checked for codes and i also got a turbo pressure code. So maybe there is a chance somewhere along the line there is as crack. :S

hmm! anybody have a newer set of IC piping? or better yet hard piping for sale!?

FlikRacing

Banned
Apr 2, 2008
Michigan
Clied;988529 said:
Ummm... Not really... My car seems to run better on cold chilly nights though.

Air condenses as it gets cold which your engine performs a lot better, cold = better, more air can fit into the cylinder, when its hot expansion, not as much, and your engine loves to run cooler. :biglaugh:

FlikRacing

Banned
Apr 2, 2008
Michigan
jeffdemara;994285 said:
You know what, i checked for codes and i also got a turbo pressure code. So maybe there is a chance somewhere along the line there is as crack. :S

hmm! anybody have a newer set of IC piping? or better yet hard piping for sale!?

Its possible you may want to do a boost leak test.:icon_bigg