cams for 7m?

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
TED cams, Comp cams, Crower cams, HKS, possibly many others :icon_razz There's a thread a bit further down about slow's car with his new cams. They were TED custom billet pieces, and their site says some for the 7M are $1800/pai. Too steep for ya? Crower regrinds can easily be had for $400 from 935 motorsports and are a copy of the ever-so-popular HKS units with the 264 duration for the tuner with a budget. Enjoy!
eric

S

Slow Poopra 7MGTE

i didnt know that haha im gonna have to look into that! what kind of head work do you need if any to support a 264 regrind? i wouldnt think you would need much, its not that big of a lift over stock compared to other cams, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Well, it IS bigger that stock, like you know, so it is suggested that the full potential of larger cams can usually be best achieved by stronger valvetrain components aswell. TED also makes a string/seat/retainer set upgrade for $800 which is a good option. Ferrea as most know is very common for making the full valve to retainers and is a good choice, but Powerhouse makes a wicked bunch of products, all of which are titanium which you see reflected in the price. Manley is another valve brand you might consider, etc... What was the main question again? I trailed off :1zhelp:
Oh ya, so, you don't really NEED to do any valvetrain components when you upgrade the cams, but you won't be utilizing the full potential of the setup. Sort of like running your awesome SP67 turbo at 6 lbs of boost all day ahahahaa! You get the point. It can get expensive tho as you have seen by Slow's pricing. A full Titanium head with cams will easily cost $3000 and above, and some also say the stock head flows well enough for 600hp so why even tamper with it unless you really want to. Have fun whatever you decide.
eric

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Stretch said:
TED cams, Comp cams, Crower cams, HKS, possibly many others :icon_razz There's a thread a bit further down about slow's car with his new cams. They were TED custom billet pieces, and their site says some for the 7M are $1800/pai. Too steep for ya? Crower regrinds can easily be had for $400 from 935 motorsports and are a copy of the ever-so-popular HKS units with the 264 duration for the tuner with a budget. Enjoy!
eric

Toda as well, I didnt know that comp and crower made cams as well though. Nice to know.

7M Cams

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
1TuffSupra said:
Toda as well, I didnt know that comp and crower made cams as well though. Nice to know.

7M Cams

as per my reply to the other thread.

Toda are meant for N/A duties. I assume they can work with turbo but you would have to dial them in to turbo timing.

sigmanin

Sep 1, 2005
i dont think comp cams makes cams for the 7m if they do please post link or item#
because i live right next to the place that makes the cams for comp cams and know all the employees and can get me some made for super dirt cheap
or have them grind it to hks specs or some custom spec... woot woot

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Ya, I don't really know for sure if Comp will make 7M cams :icon_razz
They do custom grinds so I bet it wouldn't be more than a possible phonecall to talk about it.
eric

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Stretch said:
Ya, I don't really know for sure if Comp will make 7M cams :icon_razz
They do custom grinds so I bet it wouldn't be more than a possible phonecall to talk about it.
eric

I made a phonecall to them when i first started to look for cams. They quoted me something rediculous like $3000 for just the cams since they would need to take my cams, set up a whole program off of them, have a head to go with it so they could see what hey were dealing with, blah blah blah.... That phonecall ended real quickly....

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
bowtiebuba said:
what kind of power gains can you get from a 264 hks cam?

that like asking how much power will you gain wqhen tthier is a full moon, the tides are high and the nine planets are aligned?? :naughty:

improbable to answer.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
figgie said:
that like asking how much power will you gain wqhen tthier is a full moon, the tides are high and the nine planets are aligned?? :naughty:

improbable to answer.

When there is a full moon, it's at night, so probably you will gain 1-2 hp... :biglaugh:
So the answer would be; If everyone that has used the HKS cams gain from 5-25hp, then is it possible to say that he will gain 15 hp? It is a probable answer..... :biglaugh: