Bypass The Park & Neutral safety switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoaudio

More Power
Jun 10, 2006
VA
:1zhelp:

Can someone help me bypass the Park & Neutral safety switch. I did a automatic to R154 Tranny Swap on a 1988 Turbo Sup. Can't get it to turn over..

Thanks

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
find the circular clip on the intake side of the harness its one of the circular ones that used t be attached to your tranny..

it should have 3 wires almost looks like a smiley face...

I I
_

kinda like that..... jump the two that are I I and that will jump the switch...

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
look at your engine, now go on the right side, under your intake manifold there will be three? connectors there, take the two round connectors, one has six wires on it, the other has three. take your 3 wire plug and cut off the two thicker wires, they are obvious. then splice them together. its easy. now take the six wire plug and take the black wire, and splice it with the remaing wire on the 3 wire plug. thats it. i just got done doing mine

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
twoaudio said:
:1zhelp:

Can someone help me bypass the Park & Neutral safety switch. I did a automatic to R154 Tranny Swap on a 1988 Turbo Sup. Can't get it to turn over..

Thanks

3 wire round plug, wht/blk spliced together enable the bypassing of the clutch (ie. pedal pushed in isn't required to start the car) and the blue is 1 of 2 wires needed for the reverse lights. I have the full write up if you need it

twoaudio

More Power
Jun 10, 2006
VA
Can you email me the full write up please.

Thanks

twoaudio@verizon.net

bountykilla0118 said:
3 wire round plug, wht/blk spliced together enable the bypassing of the clutch (ie. pedal pushed in isn't required to start the car) and the blue is 1 of 2 wires needed for the reverse lights. I have the full write up if you need it

Status
Not open for further replies.