Buying a vehicle across the country

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I'm looking to buy a car from Florida and have it shipped to Oregon. Anyone have any advice?

Particularly the following issues are what I have questions on:

• What is the best/safest way to pay for the car?
  • How do we do the signing of the title, bill of sale, etc?
  • Any particular shipping company I should go with?
  • Anything else I'm not thinking of right now?
Thanks in advance!

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Most everytime I have seen a car online I wanted to buy when I got there it wasn't what I was thinking it was. Nate is right have another member go drive it and tell you what they really think!!! Also I can see the time factor but wouldnt it just be cheeper to fly out and drive it home????

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
No its cheaper to ship it.
You can find carriers (large freight trucks) that have spare room for a car.
They figure its better to get you to pay $500 than nothing at all with wasted space. I used to work with a guy that sent model-a's all over the country for $400.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
foreverpsycotic said:
your back at school already. damn, ive got another week of break left. dec 15 to jan 15

I got off a week earlier from Fall term.

steve_mk3 said:
Use escrow.com for the transaction
and use DAS for the shipping.

Make sure to have someone local look at the car first.

Thanks, that's the kind of stuff I want to know. Cosmo Auto Inc. is about $200 cheaper than DAS (it's the lowest quote I've got), but unless someone has had personally experience with them I'll take your advice to go with DAS.

So how do I do bill of sale/title stuff? Does the seller just sign to release interest on the title and then mail it, then I sign it when I get it, or what?