brakes

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
My brakes are really tough when i first start my car, once its starts getting warm and i use the brakes a little it becomes a little easier to use....:1zhelp:

d3fc0n

Jan 14, 2006
Macon, GA
suprasport91 said:
My brakes are really tough when i first start my car, once its starts getting warm and i use the brakes a little it becomes a little easier to use....:1zhelp:

How do the pads look? Do you have the two retaining clips installed and the two pad springs in place? Do your brakes vibrate at all when you try to stop?

Give us a little more info!

___
d3fc0n

d3fc0n

Jan 14, 2006
Macon, GA
suprasport91 said:
would the power steering pump affect the braking system, if the pump went out?

I can't make an educated guess on that either way, hopefully some of the gear heads here can answer that.

The only other thing I can think of would be to ensure that the main brake fluid reservoir is full as well as the secondary reservoir. Check the calipers and lines for leaks if any of the reservoirs are low.

Good luck!

___
d3fc0n

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
P/S has nothing to do with the brakes.
By tough, do you mean they don't work very well? Or the peddle is hard? Or what?

Spend some time typing out a description of your problem, or we can not help you. !!

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
he could have metallic pads (causing them to work better the more they warm up), or his rotors could be warped

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
I originally just wanted to find out if the two were some how interconnected, um they are very hard to press down when i use them for the first time after the car cools down and sits for a while.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
what kind of brake pads?:stickpoke

reason i ask this is some pads take a couple of uses before they have max performance, race brake pads / metallic n'stuff

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
um ceramic sry, but they have been on for a while, it just seems like im losing my power braking untill the car gets warmed up, i havent really lokked at it much, i have another car so i can only really work on it on the weekends, um ill give it a better look next weekend, thanks for all your help though