bov question

89whitepkg

I hate rust !
Mar 7, 2006
Lexington, KY
I have a blitz bov that I just installed and it is opening just to the atm, is this a problem. My friend says it should cause the car to stall, however it seems to be running fine. Do I need to re-circulate?

Mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
its a personal preference thing whether on not to recirc, however if you do decide to vent to the atm, you need to change your driving style to adapt to it. because by venting to the atm you are letting metered air, that the engine thinks is still there escape. usually, you will have sputtering problems when coming to a stop. the way to adapt to this, downshift, dont just be lazy and throw the clutch in and come to a stop.
theres thread after thread about this, so if i didnt answer your question, try searching.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
89whitepkg;951300 said:
I have a blitz bov that I just installed and it is opening just to the atm, is this a problem. My friend says it should cause the car to stall, however it seems to be running fine. Do I need to re-circulate?

My SSQV caused my car to stall twice in the 4 months I've had it. It seems like some peoples' cars do more than others. All it does is release unmetered air to the atmosphere and cause a rich condition for a short amount of time. With catless exhaust you can shoot teh fireballz!

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
I'm running a Tial bov and everone knows that doesn't recirculate. So I had to watch my driving style too. Put lately I've been able to just let off without the car stalling. WEIRD.

Yeah I don't have a cat and I sometimes shoot nice 3 feet flames

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
89whitepkg;951446 said:
yeah, I don't have a cat and every once and awhile I get a little flame out the exhaust....is that why?

Yep, it's cause you run kinda rich in between shifts after boosting.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
mischief7m;951645 said:
not likely to get flames out the tail pipe, but you might get some visible flashes right at the tip. especially at night

I'm stoked to get my catless 3" turbo-back. No more problems with friends parking too close or tailgaters.:evil2:

Mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
i was running a catless 3" turbo back, with a bosch 110 bypass valve and only once did i get a flame. but i did get some pretty nice backfires, and i could easily set off car alarms when i didnt have my silencer in. but you pay a price too...like getting pulled over 4 times in 5 days just for your exhaust.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
So did we answer your question? If your car runs fine with it and you want to vent your Blitz, do it. If you're worried about unmetered air, recirculate it. Just change your driving habits and you'll be fine. As in, when you're slowing down, downshift. Don't just put in the clutch and come to a stop after boosting.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
im running the ssqv and i never drive in any special way to be honest, but ive enver had it stall out and its never done anything wierd except for a hellatious backfire every now and again, but only under WOT

89whitepkg

I hate rust !
Mar 7, 2006
Lexington, KY
87mgte;954467 said:
So did we answer your question? If your car runs fine with it and you want to vent your Blitz, do it. If you're worried about unmetered air, recirculate it. Just change your driving habits and you'll be fine. As in, when you're slowing down, downshift. Don't just put in the clutch and come to a stop after boosting.

The car had a diffrent blow off valve when I bought it, so I guess I'm already used to driving with it vented....that why I didn't notice a diffrence. I usually down shift after boosting, what are other way that I should be adjusting my driving, I think I'm doing a pretty good job of matching my rpm's. IS there anything else I should watch out for?

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
89whitepkg;955313 said:
The car had a diffrent blow off valve when I bought it, so I guess I'm already used to driving with it vented....that why I didn't notice a diffrence. I usually down shift after boosting, what are other way that I should be adjusting my driving, I think I'm doing a pretty good job of matching my rpm's. IS there anything else I should watch out for?

Not as far as I know, nope. You're good to go. Post a video though so we can hear the Blitz!

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
giterboosted;954642 said:
im running the ssqv and i never drive in any special way to be honest, but ive enver had it stall out and its never done anything wierd except for a hellatious backfire every now and again, but only under WOT

how would venting the bov cause a backfire at WOT??? seems like you have something else wrong, maybe a random misfire or something... please explain a little more.

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
Clueless you will love the TIal.

And yeah you do run really rich. I have shot a flame big enough to get a truck to back off my ass. That's wha the gets for tailgating me. And as for the flames I saw it, thats how big it was.

running no cat though. well gutted out. so its like a test pipe.