BOV options

jordando88

give me more!
Sep 24, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
alright, so i want to put a good blow off valve on my 7mgte, right? well what is best to get? recirculated, or non recirculatory? where would be the best place to get one? any tips?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Everyone I talked to independantly agreed that recirc on a stock intake system was leaps and bounds better for the motor, as that it doesn't richen up with every shift.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Take a minute to read through these reviews from previous members as this is a good handful of the popular blow-off valves on the market.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

In a nutshell, Recirculating is most appropriate for a setup likely similar to yours because assuming you're 5 speed, everytime you shift, depending on the weight of the spring in the BOV, it's nothing more than a temporary boost leak as the valve opens and dumps to atmospheres.

Does that stop 95% of the people with turbo cars from venting to atmospheres? Nope. ;)

With that said, I'm running a TiAL 50mm BOV...By far the best BOV I've ever owned, hands down.

-Jeff

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I like my Synapse Synchronic BOV. It comes with a recir. fitting right out of the box so you can do either of the above. It's also faster than an HKS if you can even imagine that.