BorHor's Makeover - Project Sideways

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
DAMN I love this Nikon D70. Too bad I have to return it today.
Love my rain guards? Still thinking if i should keep them...
p686083_1.jpg

s!ke

JDM Tyte Yo!
Jun 17, 2006
San Jose, California
Yeah, but that is stupid. I would never waste my time lol.

But yeah, I dont mind not having them. Less wind resistance. I can go faster. Plus it makes your car weigh more than if you didnt have them.

-2hp for you.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
sup bor i was lookin at your track day pics and it looks kinda like your car has alot of negtive camber is that just in those pics from cornering and what not or is it like that all the time?

rain gaurds are sick i shoulda kept my hardtop :(

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
well when you corner and there is that typical supra body roll a lot of camber is added. And a bit was added when I lowered the car more.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
im broke and still need to buy new rollies :wtc:

although i have decided on a width and offset i believe. 18x9.5 +12 all around. I made a cardboard template and checked the clearance on my front fender. It looked pretty good. It will be getting more negative camber eventually with the JIC arms if i can grab a set. so it might make the tops sit a bit further in than id like. There is always spacers though! :D

Hopefully everything will clear nice with the steering angle kit im hoping to pick up after the government gets off its ass and gives me the $4000 it owes me. Id hate to have anything rub up front!

s!ke

JDM Tyte Yo!
Jun 17, 2006
San Jose, California
+ Offset FTW said:
Hopefully everything will clear nice with the steering angle kit im hoping to pick up after the government gets off its ass and gives me the $4000 it owes me. Id hate to have anything rub up front!

is it really bad for things to rub? my fronts arent rubbin the fenders, but they rub the splash guards when i turn.

lol is that bad?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
meh screw a write up. it is easy though. just open it it and swap out the lights. umm look in that other thread i made and there is all the info needed in there. Even ask kyle how easy it was to get it open. It was changing the shit out that took forever.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
s!ke said:
is it really bad for things to rub? my fronts arent rubbin the fenders, but they rub the splash guards when i turn.

lol is that bad?

not really, if you leave it it will just wear holes in the guards. you can try heating the areas up where it rubs with a heat gun and pushing them in and moulding them to gain a little clearance. or you can just take em right out :D

The CC unit is lookin good boris. we need better pics though! hurry up and do the whole dash!