boost issues, also LSD issues.

Spoolish87

Aug 21, 2012
Tn
i finally fixed all boost leaks that i am aware of on my supra, i pulls really good in 2nd and 3rd but once you hit 4th and 5th you cant feel or tell you hit boost at all?? i have a bad knock sensor thats not hooked up that wouldnt cause a problem would it?? also my LSD acts worn out sometimes it works right others it one wheel wonders alot, i was thinking just a frsh fluid change in the rear end might help?? Thank for any advice i am new to working on supras i got one to build up and restore, but i just switched over from the vw scene so im used to working on vw not supras lol

Spoolish87

Aug 21, 2012
Tn
Only one wheel spins very rarely does the other wheel catch and both spin and any suggestions on where to buy a knock sensor I checked advance but they are 200bucks

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya it's prolly worn. Both should spin the same way web there off the ground.

Check the forsale section for a used on and post in the wtb section.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I was expecting more talking dogs and colors in a thread about an LSD problem.

Albert+Hofmann+LSD+Wonder+Child.jpg

If you swap the LSD out for a used one, you'll need a Toyota Service and Repair Manual (TSRM) to set the rear end up properly. It's a little different than a FWD car. You need to set the ring and pinion up so they mesh properly because the carrier that the LSD is part of might not be 100% the same dimensions as your old one. You can download a pdf of the TSRM online for free. I don't know the link offhand though, sorry. If you search the forum here though I'm sure you'll find it.

Spoolish87

Aug 21, 2012
Tn
But pyschedelics are fun lol, I alleyway tried the re wire it just made car run worse so I un hooked it again

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Spoolish87;1874376 said:
But pyschedelics are fun lol, I alleyway tried the re wire it just made car run worse so I un hooked it again

Um, messing up on a rewire and making it run worse is impossible unless you tried to rewire the wrong wire. Messing up on rewire=Basically unplugged.

Spoolish87

Aug 21, 2012
Tn
I ran the ground wire to a good ground on the block, and the other wires I crimped them together, I cod have done it wrong idk but it made the car lag and it made my bov stop working u cld barley hear it , idk why it wkd affect the bov but I um plugged it and it was back to normal no bad lags and the bov was working again? Beats me I have no idea why it would effect it so I just left it un plugged and been driving it daily ever since

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Spoolish87;1874399 said:
I ran the ground wire to a good ground on the block, and the other wires I crimped them together, I cod have done it wrong idk but it made the car lag and it made my bov stop working u cld barley hear it , idk why it wkd affect the bov but I um plugged it and it was back to normal no bad lags and the bov was working again? Beats me I have no idea why it would effect it so I just left it un plugged and been driving it daily ever since

You're supposed to ground the shielding to the car right by the ECU passenger kick panel area. Not on the block.

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
hvyman;1874084 said:
Can swap an entire diff out as well.

You could. But it will still suck. You need to spend some real money on a LSD if you want it to lock up really well. Or figure out a way to fit a spool in there or weld it (I read some people have used Toyota truck diff parts).

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
planemos;1875407 said:
You could. But it will still suck. You need to spend some real money on a LSD if you want it to lock up really well. Or figure out a way to fit a spool in there or weld it (I read some people have used Toyota truck diff parts).

You don't need to spend money on a real LSD.. The factory LSD is working condition is a great rear end.

Spoolish87

Aug 21, 2012
Tn
Thanks for all the info, like I said I'm new to supras and just kind of learning as I work on it lol but would a bad knock sensor cause the car to run rich?