Bolt-on Turbonetics shined up and installed *Pics*

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
The reason why Turbonetics knows nothing about this turbo is because iits not a completely true turbonectics, since it has the CT26 stock housing. Its obvious since you said that on the housing it says "Turbonetics T4", and the stock foot CT26 foot print is not T4. So if it really had a T4 Housing it would not bolt up to you stock manifold. Its mosly likely modifed by some shop with a Turbonectics housing and center section.

BTW it looks pretty nice.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
No, turbonetics makes an exhaust housing that bolts onto our stock manifold. Almost all the bolt on turbos (that aren't just bored out CT's) use it.

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
If you go with randys down pipe let us know how it goes. Most the guys that had the problem with these turbos ran the cooleeze down pipe with no problems that I heard of.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
redmaro;1279864 said:
Its mosly likely modifed by some shop with a Turbonectics housing and center section.

BTW it looks pretty nice.

The hotside is definitely Turbonetics since, as I mentioned earlier, it has the Turbonetics emblem cast into it.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
jonny87turbo;1280092 said:
If you go with randys down pipe let us know how it goes. Most the guys that had the problem with these turbos ran the cooleeze down pipe with no problems that I heard of.

I really want to stick with the ddp. Otherwise, any non-divorced downpipe would work. It's just on my BIC DDP, the exhaust/wastegate divider and divorce pipe diameter aren't large enough. Other than that, it bolts up to the hotside just fine. I'm going to call Randy later today to work out shipping arrangements.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Since I couldn't find any A/r information on this thing I took some measurements of the exhaust housing.

Exhaust wheel outside(small part) 61.967 mm
Exhaust wheel Inside (larger part)71.06 mm

The back side of the housing closest to downpipe mounting measures 62.865.

When can I expect this thing to reach full boost?

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
MarkIII4Me;1279254 said:
No adapter required. It bolts right up to the stock exhaust manifold. However, a spacer is required to keep the inducer housing from resting against it. Supposedly, even the stock turbo elbow bolts up. I'm hoping this is true since I have a sweet, one piece, completely mandrel bent (even last 15 degree bend), ceramic coated BIC DDP I'm planning on using.

I had the same turbo and the same set up on my 7M with the spacer, it just bearly clears the fire wall.

Very, Very nice set up man congrats.