Blow by.

Island_Yota

Aug 5, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not sure, since ive bought the car its always pushed the dipstick out, I replaced a slightly kinked crank case vent hose, the one that goes from the block, behind the alt to the oil cap. Checked the stainless valve cover pipe/rubber fittings for a blockage, nothing..What did I miss? Is there still something in the PCV system that could be blocked/not working?

I noticed that if I pull the dipstick out while its running the RPM drops a tiny bit and it runs a little tiny bit rougher, put it back in and it runs normal. Oil consumption is a little higher than it should be but not bad for a high mileage car, I guess all I can do is a compression and leakdown test or figure out if its a possible PCV issue. Otherwise, it runs great so im not too worried.

Island_Yota

Aug 5, 2008
Vancouver Island
MA70 Ed;1199500 said:
i still dont know why it does that. but meh, it's gone through 2 oil changes after that, still runs fine.

how many miles does yours have, Island_Yota?

240 000km's, 150 000 miles, mine idles alot nicer than that! haha

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
dipstick getting pushed out = to much crank case pressure. If you have a functional stock pcv system, id suspect worn rings

SkipC

Feb 12, 2008
Dunkirk, MD
When my '88 did this, it was from a BHG - cylinder to oil drain passage. Engine ran great. I ended up venting the crankcase to atmosphere as a temporary solution to keep from pumping excessive amounts of oil crud into the intake. You wouldn't believe how caked up the inside of the intake was from the blow-by....
Skip