blew airflow meter

vajbi

vajbi
Jan 8, 2007
Fresno, CA
hi yall, i currently have technical problem with my supra, hopefully someone can pin point to me what the problem is. well, here is my set up: 7mgte with upgrade ITS TURBO with afc, running at 16 lbs with walbro pump. we bridge pump to consume more fuel, electric fan that control by a relay which hook up to one of the main wire that goes to the turbo timer.

here is the problem: when i first street tune the car we blew one airflow meter then it went ok for a while. when i finished install the electric fan for about a week, i punched the car and blew another airflow meter, after that every time i drive hard the airflow meter blew like crazy. i lost like 6 or 7 airflow meters, now is my last airflow meter in the car. the airflow meter blew only if i punched the car hard.

so please any advice will be greatly appreciate it,
thank you

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I'm guessing he means fried the electronics. That would come from one of two places, either too much power or shorting pretty badly. Honestly I don't know how you'd manage to force too much power to the unit, so I would check your connectors, wiring, etc and make sure nothing is shorting. If it's happening only when you punch it hard it could be two wires so close that the engine torquing on it's mounts is enough movement to make them touch.