big single

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
If you do a research on a few other Supra forums, you will see the a amjority of the guys are running some form of an Ebay manifold and parts sourced from it for their 1jz.
Most are holding up very well. So for you to say that ebay has crap, you need to learn more about the parts you are looking to buy.

Its usually the sellers you have bad experience with, not the parts.

Also, I got ripped off once, but Ebay/Paypal has policies in procedure where they get your monye back as well.

Oh btw : On Supraforums, if your posts have EBAY anywhere in the sentence, they will remove/delete the post.Eventhough I heard /read that they get paid for it.....weired...

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Most of my parts come from ebay the best thing to do is to buy from a power seller or a company thats is running of ebay. And a little research on the part your buying and who your buying it from. Ive seen Evos get in to the 12's with stuff the have bought from SSAUTOCHROME off ebay.

BigPants

Apr 12, 2006
Tucson, AZ
wow maybe i should re evaluate ebay! thanks alot i will look into some manifolds from ebay! any recommendations on a turbo?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I bought my 321ss header directly from SSAC and got brilliant service as I don't do the e-bay thing at all.

Early ones were a bit crappy but they changed and are using thicker material now so no cracks or problems, I didn't even feel the need to smooth out any of the internal welds as they're all acceptable as supplied.
(not the prettiest but fine to use)

1jzaddict

1jzinmk4
May 31, 2006
Chattanooga TN
IJ. said:
I bought my 321ss header directly from SSAC and got brilliant service as I don't do the e-bay thing at all.

Early ones were a bit crappy but they changed and are using thicker material now so no cracks or problems, I didn't even feel the need to smooth out any of the internal welds as they're all acceptable as supplied.
(not the prettiest but fine to use)

I am in the process of doing a single swap and the header i bought of of ebay (BMPC MOTORSPORTS) needs mods to get it to fit. The wastegate flange is hovering over the motor mount ( no room for wastegate).This is only if you buy a supra 1jz front clip, i think that the soarer and supra mounts are different and the soarer mounts allow room for wastegate flange. Also the wastegate pipe hits the frame rail, this could be fixed by heating up the frame with a torch and beating it in, but it is the fact of the matter that if you pay $700 for a manifold it should fit pretty good. You can tell that it is well crafted and some time was spent making such a structure but again doesn't fit very good. Just letting every one know b/c i dont want everyone else to be in a sucky situation like i am.

BigPants

Apr 12, 2006
Tucson, AZ
1jzaddict said:
I am in the process of doing a single swap and the header i bought of of ebay (BMPC MOTORSPORTS) needs mods to get it to fit. The wastegate flange is hovering over the motor mount ( no room for wastegate).This is only if you buy a supra 1jz front clip, i think that the soarer and supra mounts are different and the soarer mounts allow room for wastegate flange. Also the wastegate pipe hits the frame rail, this could be fixed by heating up the frame with a torch and beating it in, but it is the fact of the matter that if you pay $700 for a manifold it should fit pretty good. You can tell that it is well crafted and some time was spent making such a structure but again doesn't fit very good. Just letting every one know b/c i dont want everyone else to be in a sucky situation like i am.
thats EXACTLY what im afraid of!!:nono: that really sucks dude what kind of turbo are you running?

hardcharger

#1 935 groupie
Oct 28, 2005
San Diego
get a gt35r. great spool, 500hp capable and garrets are the shit. then get a tial vband 44, and a ebay manifold, take it to a fab shop and have them fit it (cut/modify/reweld where needed), jet coat it and call it a day. those probs with fitment can be fixed pretty easily if you find someone who can weld.

1jzaddict

1jzinmk4
May 31, 2006
Chattanooga TN
BigPants said:
thats EXACTLY what im afraid of!!:nono: that really sucks dude what kind of turbo are you running?

master power t-70. it has a t3 exhaust housing and garret internals as well. the one in the avitar is mine. i heard that the stryder manilfold from ebay was a good one. I'll let you know if i run into anymore problems. I get the rest of my parts suprasport.com, if you do a single swap use their braided lines(perfect fit).