Adelaide
Mini update:

My exhaust arrived a few weeks ago, almost brand new Blitz Nur Spec
p1115519_1.jpg

p1115519_2.jpg

My rail also arrived from Japan just last week so that has been bolted in:
p1115519_3.jpg

p1115519_4.jpg

And the last one is an ATI Crank Pulley / Damper, no photos cos its still in the box but it just looks like a pretty pulley :p

I have also ordered a whole heap of seals and gaskets from Toyota so hopefully i will have them soon, then as soon as this semester is finished at Uni i can look at dropping the motor :D

gonzy tunning

Dec 6, 2006
new jersey
big JON;1023825 said:
As you can see, that was in April 2007, in August 2007 i threw the crank pulley whilst on gate in 2nd gear @ 7000 RPM. Considering i had just bought a house money for the Supra was a little short, and i haven't driven it since, it's been 8.5 months and it has certainly not been easy!

However, there it light at the end of the tunnel!

I will be purchasing a Titan Crank Pulley

p1116221_1.gif

I also have a set of SAMCO radiator hoses

p1116221_2.jpg

And a set of Fidanza Adjustable cam gears in red

p1116221_3.jpg

An Ogura Racing Clutch Twin Plate Clutch

p1116221_4.jpg

p1116221_5.jpg

I plan on pulling the motor out to tidy it up and do some maintenance things like replacing seals and what not, installing clutch, cam gears, crank pulley etc

I will also be getting a Bride Zeta III for the drivers seat and retrimming the standard Recaro's for the rest.

The other major plan for the near future is a set of black 18" Work Meisters in some crazy size and offset

p1116221_6.jpg

Future plans are fuel upgrades, HKS Cams and full stand alone management to make the most of the turbo.

Cheers,
Jon

omg thats the wheels i want good luck on the project man

suprarell

Aug 28, 2008
HOUSTON, TX
big JON;1023805 said:
Hey people,

seems like a lot of people are doing this lately, so here's my version. I hope you all like it :)

First things first, my first Supra was a GA70, i loved it so much that after its demise i knew i had to own another one.

I was doing the usual forum trawl one day in February when, by some strike of fate, i entered an importer site and seen a Super White IV JZA70 Twin Turbo R. It was just sensational and i knew i just had to have it. A few days later, and it was all mine :biglaugh:

It landed in Australia in late April and it was certainly a little rough around the edges

p1117120_1.jpg

p1117120_2.jpg

p1117120_3.jpg

Immediately it was given a good wash, however the black stains remained.

p1117120_4.jpg

It was time for a much more detailed clean!

p1117120_5.jpg

p1117120_6.jpg

may I ask the name of the importer and their contact info? seems like a good way to get closer to the good deals.

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Is it done yet :biglaugh:? Do you have any more info on that clutch? I'm still lazily searching for a twin plate. Loving that seat too, makes me wanna get rid of mine for something a little bit more aggressive :p.

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
Looking good man, was the seat a tight fit? for both you and the car? Either way, its going to be a decent ride once she is done. big thumbs up from me mate!

big JON

Apr 23, 2008
Adelaide
xsjado;1117911 said:
Is it done yet :biglaugh:? Do you have any more info on that clutch? I'm still lazily searching for a twin plate. Loving that seat too, makes me wanna get rid of mine for something a little bit more aggressive :p.
heh no where near completion! Order was made at Toyota last week so hopefully new seals and gaskets and stuff will arrive soon, then i will be pretty much ready to go :)

I'm not 100% certain but i believe it is an ORC 709 series twin plate.

Jaychen;1118681 said:
Looking good man, was the seat a tight fit? for both you and the car? Either way, its going to be a decent ride once she is done. big thumbs up from me mate!
haha yeah seat is quite a tight fit to the door...

p1123772_1.jpg

It is the Large version of the Zeta 3 so its a little bit wider than the standard and it is quite a snug fit for me - and i'm only 5'7 and 60kg's!

I was also quite amazed at the weight difference between the Bride and the factory Recaro's, the Racaro's would easily be 2 or 3 times as heavy.