big JON's T67 powered Twin Turbo R

big JON

Apr 23, 2008
Adelaide
Thanks for the kind words guys, there is still a long way to go tho until I am happy with it, one of those journeys will include finding the limits of the turbo; then it will be time for 1.5J conversion and bigger turbo :biglaugh: I better not get too far in front of myself tho!

hottscennessey;1023821 said:
If I were you I'd look into some cams with that turbo! ;)
Yeah, at the moment i will have to deal with just the adjustable cam gears, but a set of 256in and 264ex cams are on that magical list of things to do!

noah89t;1023904 said:
i love the progress. are you still on stock fuel pump, and injectors? do you have a wideband?
Still on 100% stock fuel system: pump, injectors, pressure reg and no i don't have a wideband :)

Rennat;1023921 said:
WOW! just WOW. this car is turning into a monster real quick! looks like you got your head on right about how to mod it. and im beyond jealous of that greddy kit! wish i lived with you guys...
In hindsight i believe i am extremely lucky to have found this kit!

suprahero;1023987 said:
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:That's all I've got to say about that.
Assuming that is your Supra in your signature, yours seems like it has recieved its fair share of tasteful mods too :)

Big Wang Bandit;1024137 said:
Awesome. Great colour! If I could have another it would be White with a 1JZ again

RedEj8;1024602 said:
Nice car! Im liking your turbo setup..Oh and nice color too!
I think the colour is what originally drew me to the car, there was something about the white, with colour coded bump strips, and white wheels that just stuck in my head!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Mine is under the knife right now getting the 1.5jz upgrade. If I were you, I'd add that to the top of your list.........:evil2:

I had it running with the 1.5 before I blew it to hell and back, and it is definately worth the trouble. Keep us posted with the progress.

big JON

Apr 23, 2008
Adelaide
In that case then, are you able to clarify what needs to be done?

I have read that there needs to be head work to the 1J head, welding and redrilling, however there also seems to be a few that have used a standard 1J head with 1J head gasket and it is fine.

How are you going about doing it?

Cheers,
Jon

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
big JON;1025863 said:
In that case then, are you able to clarify what needs to be done?

I have read that there needs to be head work to the 1J head, welding and redrilling, however there also seems to be a few that have used a standard 1J head with 1J head gasket and it is fine.

How are you going about doing it?

Cheers,
Jon

no welding or drilling is needed. I've read that too, but I know too many people that have did there swaps without it and are still running. A stock headgasket will work also unless you do some shaving on your block or deck. I had my head ported and polished, but only because I got it done cheap. It's not a necessity. I hope that helps you.

big JON

Apr 23, 2008
Adelaide
Yep, that further confirms what i had thought and hoped.

That kind of information coming first hand is like being handed gold :)

Thanks!

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
About time you made your way over here :). It's so hard to decide now, your car makes me want to keep mine white, while Dan's makes me want to spray it black. Loving that turbo setup, how responsive is it? Good luck with the 1.5JZ if you decide to go down that path, I might have to join you in 1.5 land one day when I can save enough :biglaugh:.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
xsjado;1026289 said:
About time you made your way over here :). It's so hard to decide now, your car makes me want to keep mine white, while Dan's makes me want to spray it black. Loving that turbo setup, how responsive is it? Good luck with the 1.5JZ if you decide to go down that path, I might have to join you in 1.5 land one day when I can save enough :biglaugh:.

You have painted your bay black now so your Journey to the Dark Side has already begun. Paint the rest of it and your journey will be complete!

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
hks_trd;1026295 said:
You have painted your bay black now so your Journey to the Dark Side has already begun. Paint the rest of it and your journey will be complete!

Ok the Dark Side thing won me over, guess I'll just have to find a White package JZA70 now :). To keep this on topic, forgot to mention how much I love the brakes, I really need to do something along those lines with mine.

PS: I spot my radiator hose picture :D.

big JON

Apr 23, 2008
Adelaide
Zerocool, thanks mate, i think/hope they look as good as i mentally think they will :D

Xsjado...i may or may not have stolen your radiator hoses piccy...mine are still in plastic and are in the shed :p 1.5J wont be happening for quite some time, want to see how far ican go with what i have, or until i blow it up :evil2: Also, good luck getting a white JZA70R in Aus, i am under the impression mine might be the only one here :D

big JON

Apr 23, 2008
Adelaide
Another small update!

My seat arrived just the other day, its a nice snug fit!

p1055841_1.jpg

p1055841_2.jpg

I have also purchased a set of track rims, they currently live on my s14 as the supra wont be near the track for a while!

They are Volk Challengers, very open design to allow good air flow, they are super light and are 17x8 +32 & 17x9 +35. Offsets are deliberately conservative so as to allow wide fitment of semi slicks :)

p1055841_3.jpg

And the last one at this stage is my Gates timing belt arrived today

p1055841_4.jpg

p1055841_5.jpg

Slowly its all starting to come together!

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
big JON;1055841 said:
Another small update!

My seat arrived just the other day, its a nice snug fit!

p1055890_1.jpg

p1055890_2.jpg

I have also purchased a set of track rims, they currently live on my s14 as the supra wont be near the track for a while!

They are Volk Challengers, very open design to allow good air flow, they are super light and are 17x8 +32 & 17x9 +35. Offsets are deliberately conservative so as to allow wide fitment of semi slicks :)

p1055890_3.jpg

And the last one at this stage is my Gates timing belt arrived today

p1055890_4.jpg

p1055890_5.jpg

Slowly its all starting to come together!

Awesome to see things are starting to tick over :icon_bigg