Better way to work under your car

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Greg Smith Equipment, Inc.
5405 Buford Highway, Suite 160
Norcross, GA
store hours: M-F: 8-5:30, Sat: 8-noon (EST)
Toll Free 800-768-4104
Local 678-781-0130 | Fax 678-781-0149

Right now I'm 3 miles from this place. They are right by my office.

(I'm going to go look at lifts :) )

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
wow not a good idea. what would happen to all those coins in your coin holders? (mkIIIs would be fine because our coin holds are enclosed ^^)

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
WOW, I mean yeah its creative idea but between fluids, gravity fighting half your work etc. I don't think it;d be worth it, you can get a lift for like 1,000 dollars more and its much better and more useful than this thing.

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
AF1JZ said:
I don't mind jacking it

You had to see that coming^^ come on :naughty:

Thats pretty unsafe and I could imagine that its very unstable. I dont reccomend keeping the car like that in a good wind storm

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Actually, it works rather well - a local guy here fabbed up the same thing as a painting jig. He's a restoration shop, so the cars are bare body when they are in the thing, of course.

He's also got it on wheels, so he can tip a car on it's side, roll it into the sandblast booth, roll it over to the paint booth, and roll in into the oven. Hell, he can even roll it out into the parking lot to give himself extra room to work in the shop.

It works awesome for what he uses it for.

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
GrimJack said:
Actually, it works rather well - a local guy here fabbed up the same thing as a painting jig. He's a restoration shop, so the cars are bare body when they are in the thing, of course.

He's also got it on wheels, so he can tip a car on it's side, roll it into the sandblast booth, roll it over to the paint booth, and roll in into the oven. Hell, he can even roll it out into the parking lot to give himself extra room to work in the shop.

It works awesome for what he uses it for.

I knew this thing had to have some good uses, espectially for $1,399 :biglaugh:

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Years ago, we built a "spit" for cars. You bolt up the impact bars to the ends, and you can rotate the whole car 360 if you want.

But, not a good idea to have the engine and stuff in there.. It was for complete restorations, on cars with the engine/trans/interior out of them.

On another note, I jack up one side of my car from time to time. Just put both jackstands on the one side, and your good to go. (You can get some pretty extreme angles on the car this way, with the front up higher than the rear. Makes exhaust fabrication easy. You will need a short step stool to reach over the fender into the engine bay when your setup like this however....)

For that kind of money, I'd just buy a two post center lift. Much more useful on the long run.

If I was a painter, that would be nice however. :)