battery died???....u tell me...

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
well i put on the music for about 1 min on blast kinda i have a small amp and a sub back there....and tried to start it....sounded bad ... immediatley cut it off.....tried again and click click click.... a lot of em....battery is like 3-4 years old, but i just drove it yesterday...not daily driver.. drive it for about 5-10 min...
ne ways... i think its the battery cuz clicking, music is now not as loud and as clear....light go up/down slow....gauge lights are dim.....
sometimes i do tend to leave the time on the clock running on the car... but i dont think i did this time....that couldnt drain the battery could it...
suggestion??
what battery do u guys be running???
im also getting a new alternator soon 80-90 amp...

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Haha, I forgot about you turbo guys.

Have you tried putting a trickle charger on for a while and then trying to turn it over?

Any cars you can borrow a good battery from to check with?

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
oscolivar1 said:
i dont have the voltometer gauge:cry:

Check it with a multi-meter. If you don't have one, a good auto parts store will walk out to your car with theirs, and check it for you! They want to sell you a battery! Or, a new alternator!:icon_razz

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
well now my battery ..is drained....no music no clicking nothing......i guess because of the alarm system????
ill be taken my battery to a shop...hopefully just my battery....
thx guys

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
oscolivar1 said:
well now my battery ..is drained....no music no clicking nothing......i guess because of the alarm system????
ill be taken my battery to a shop...hopefully just my battery....
thx guys

Yeah...could just be a dead battery cell. It is 3-4 years old; about due ;)