Automachanic HELP!!

90Turbo7M

Jun 18, 2007
Sacramento California
Please, is there mk3 supra owner in CA SAC or the Bay, Willing to come and help me. Something is wrong with my Starter and it doesn't seem to send any electric to crank the engine. i'm located in CA North Sacramento. And i need help! i'm willing to pay for the labor. Someone RESPOND!!!! PLEASE Despertaly!!!

P.S. Sorry i'm not good with Machanics.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Did you measure 12v on the terminal on the starter?

There is also a smaller cable that should connect to the starter...
Is that connected?

Cheers,
Roy

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
90Turbo7M said:
just seems like, no power is being sent to the starter, even bought new battery, doesn't even turnover. Its like powershortage, i also doubt that its the starter relay wire, i highly doubt it. Right now the car is on sale.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/392727151.html

Instead of picking you apart like everyone else....

Just answer some BASIC questions

1. Does it click at all when you turn the key?

2. Did this happen gradually or was it a night and day change that it just stopped trying to turn over.

3. Have you checked ALL of your fuses?

4. Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the negative and positive power terminals on the starter itself?

atleast TRY to answer these questions and maybe you wont get so much flak from the old school guys.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Well if he doesnt know much about the car, a mechanic could rip him off.
I guess he feels more comfortable to pay a knowledgeable SM member to help him out and plus he makes a new friend from here who could help him in the future. A mechanic wont do that.

Cheers,
Roy

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Did you ever stop to think that maybe some of the more experienced and knowledgable Supramania members are/were automotive technicians?

People...

90Turbo7M

Jun 18, 2007
Sacramento California
trust me, ive tried what you've all tried. DC positive and negative, check the starter 100xs, turned the key, heard some clicking from the center of the engine, but i doubt that its the starter because no clicks from where the starter is. All the lights come on, all fuses checked and changed out the blown ones and basically there is one last thing i didn't check, the starter relay, but under the kickpanel, that white box was never opened and so i doubt it could be that. just remember, this car is being sold and so... i feel really sad but i have school coming up and we are moving and so, it would cost too much to move it here and there.