Autolite 3923 sparkplug came apart!!(pics)

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
drunk_medic said:
Do his plugs REALLY look like he had a bad det? Bad enough to unseat the insulator?

yes they do. ive had the exact same thing happen on 2 plugs when i blew my mhg awile back from detonation.

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
I just put some of these in a couple weeks back after not liking the colder Ngk coppers. I noticed the insulator was removable (threaded). Did you make sure you tightened all the insulators before installing them, some of mine were loose in the packages.
I'm thinking about switching to the stock range NGK's but the Autolites seemed to perform fine.
Brian W

Yawgmoth

Gonzo apprentice
Mar 31, 2005
Davenport, Iowa, United States
RacerXJ220 said:
You get what you pay for.
:hsugh: I have autolites and I'm glad i paid 12 bucks for my plugs. If it works for some of the best supras out there, it sure as hell can work for me, and it does quite effectively I might add. A freak occurence isn't going to deter me, or anyone else for that matter-hopefully. Like mentioned in this thread numerous times, people have had this happen to all sorts of plugs, in some cases it's been even worse.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Yawgmoth said:
:hsugh: I have autolites and I'm glad i paid 12 bucks for my plugs. If it works for some of the best supras out there, it sure as hell can work for me, and it does quite effectively I might add. A freak occurence isn't going to deter me, or anyone else for that matter-hopefully. Like mentioned in this thread numerous times, people have had this happen to all sorts of plugs, in some cases it's been even worse.

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I sure am happy for you :).

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
The problem wqith those autolites was detonation dude. That said any plug used under detonation will break. Your problem was lean codition and you are lucky that the plugs are all that broke. I have used autolites forever with no problems as have most people here, and on supra forums.

oldschool85

1fstmk2
Mar 30, 2005
Denver, PA
you had detonation dude. Listen to the guys that were once in your place. Ive ran the autolites for a lil over 3 years now and no problems. If they work for guys like jonez and mike92lx from PA making over 500rwhp then its good enough for me.

charlie