As of today how much did you spend on your supra and any regrets?

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
I got my credit card statement today and notice I will be one of the many American in debt for a very long time. Lets just say its time to open a new credit card account if I want to get the car just to start. Thank goodness none of the shop in the DFW area had time (or more cared about MKIIIs) to work on my car so I did it myself saving tons of money on labor..................... I do feel a bit of regret that money was not well maintain. All I can say is Holy ship where it all go?

How much have you spented and do you regret spending that kind of money on the supra.

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
No regrets for me; I got my Supra for one helluva good deal, so the money I have been spending recently goes in the "car should have cost this much anyways" category for me....

Full time student, paying with credit cards here too...gotta love it! I bought my Supra with a 0% credit card check lol...paying it off $100-$200 at a time!

frax

Mar 24, 2007
los alamos
working on getting parts for a rebuild. only doing it when i got the money to pay for it. doing this all as a student without a job

lppro

LP Performance & off road
Apr 21, 2007
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
i think im getting close to 9 grand... but whos counting... lol i honistley dont want to know how much ive spent... and i dont use credit cards.. they would get me into truble... i never spend $$ that i dont have.

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
I paid $6200 initially for it, but right away had to drop$260 for a cat, about $300 for tires and stems. Stuff I bought but waiting to go on....Lex AFM ($75), 550s ($250), EGT and Fuel Pressure Pro Sport Gauges ($150), 3-pod Pillar (whatever they charge at gaugepods.com for 'em), AFPR ($125 IIRC)....so, I've dropped just over a grand on more shit for the car... Do I regret it? Nah, because the thing wasn't running right when I bought it...LOL!

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Don't ask me that question. I have no regrets, but it's a lot of money. The trick to modifying a car is "Never stop to add up the bills." :D

I've paid cash for everything on the Supra, which is probably why I don't regret.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
As you get older, you will find yourself funding all kinds of stuff you could never have imagined (most of which is just the price of having "a life"). :crazy1:

The Supra (although expensive and time consuming by "non-car" peoples standards) is the least of it.

So, honestly...no regrets whatsoever.:icon_bigg

I agree with blackmkiii...don't add up the reciepts, lol.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
i think im getting close to 5 grand including car :) haha. my visa just loves to get used hahah. but it gets paid off everytime i use it soo its all good. but no regrets soo far maybe on a few parts i ordered!!! i also dont like spending money i dont have unless its my last option.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If I cared about the money involved, I would not be driving/modifying an MKIII. I am sure that I have spent in excess of 13k. Don't think about it after it's spent - there's no point regretting something you can't change.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
$14200 according to my spread sheet. Including everything except gas/oil/insurance type stuff.

Looking back on it I could have bought a faster car for that amount of money but I have no regrets. The car has been a great learning platform and has great potential for the future. I don't think I would change anything I have done to the car. With the amount of fun I have had and the knowledge gained, it was 14 grand well spent. I think the next 5 grand will get the car right where it needs to be. That's still cheaper than the Vette I want.

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
I'm $10K+ deep including price of car which was $2500. And none of that is labor. And I have every receipt to prove it.

No regrets, no debt either, I too don't spend money I don't have.

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
hmmmmmm...........yeah I wouldnt wanna add up my receipts especially after im completely done with the re-build......ehhhhhhh i would guess close to 5k in performance and fixing shit the other owner screwed up on or rigged completely janky. Like my RTV sealed HG. pics in my re-build thread will be up today

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I'm only ever going to figure out how much I've spent on the car if it gets wrecked or stolen. Otherwise, I don't want to know.... and no regrets, I buy parts as I can afford it, so I'm not in debt for the car...

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I keep a list of all the parts Ive added including prices and dates, so I know what Ive spent and its not bad. Its no where near what everyone else has Im sure lol. Under 5k including car price at this point.

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
$1000 usd on purchase( it was a jdm twin turbo) and about the same again on parts, then $500 on a 89 turbo auto for spares, I don't keep count as it would depress me (only on the amount of cash) I love my car, The cash is split between mods and cosmetic items, I have a big list of parts still to get, and a re-paint, then more engine mods,

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Hmmm.
Car was about 6k when I bought it.
Brakes are another 4k
Various engine(s) another 15k
Wheels/tires...More like another 4k total over time.
Suspension mods, 1k.

Now I'm depressed, I thought I was only into it about 25k... turns out it's more like 30... LOL

New motorcycle is working on catching up however... :) It was 8200.00, then I've put another grand or so into it, with another 500.00 to go mod wise... :) But then again, nobody ever said life was cheap when you want to go fast.

Also, look at it this way. A new Kia minivan is 22 to 38K depending on what you fill it up with... same goes for most new vehicles, so by owning older cars, and a nice new bike, I'm saving money! LOL

*Yep, my wife does not belive it either*

Of course, when your passing a few cars and a semi truck, and glance down at the speedo to find your going 130+ in a 45mph zone... it makes it all worth it ;)