are there any shops who specialize in 1jz swap on a mkIII

leory_postey

Mar 20, 2007
montana
:1zhelp: I have an 88 mkIII and i want to go to a 1jz, i dont really have the time or location to do that kind of indepth work on my car and i was wondering i any one had any good suggestions. I know it is easier and cheaper to do it yourself, but as is said i just dont have the location or time to devote myself to it, i am just looking for a good shop that can do a turn key swap. thanks

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
I don't know if there is one in montana. cali has a couple. If your willing to make a vacation out of it. Or get charged far out the ass to ship your car two ways. or ship one way and fly in and drive home.

leory_postey

Mar 20, 2007
montana
I am not afraid to go for a drive, drop the car off bus it home and pick car up when it is done. any sugestions are apreciated.

leory_postey

Mar 20, 2007
montana
nice, thanks alot i will drop them an email. there is no one in montana i think could handle the work, well that and there are only about 3 mkIII's in south western montana.

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
Lots of shops specialize in swaps but none of that I know just do 1jz's. That would be hard to stay in business. But it looks like you may go with driftmotion and they are probably the best guys to have do a 1J swap if you don't have the time or tools to do it yourself.

leory_postey

Mar 20, 2007
montana
oh man i wish, i worked in canada for a couple years and a friend up in london on. was offering to sell me his rx7 but i heard that is was a night mare to even register it in montana and i would have to trailer it across, i just havent looked into it. has any one successfully re registered a canadian car in the us with minimal bs.

leory_postey

Mar 20, 2007
montana
I think a guy could pull it off in montana, buy the car from the owner in canada get the owner to drive it across into mt and then fly the owner home. i think that you could either apply for a new vin and say that i converted my ma70 to a jza70 rhd, and say that my front clip that supplied my parts had no vin, or just get it tiltled as a non conforming on road vehicle, i think it is possible i am going to do some more research, i was going to do the 5 spd 1jz swap in my supra but i think that i would rather have a rhd jza70.

leory_postey

Mar 20, 2007
montana
i got a price from drift motion, and i think that i am going to take my car there next spring after the thaw, i dont have all of the cash now and the roads will be too scary to drive when i do have the money, hell it snowed here today! SUPRA + SNOW = SCAAAARRRRYYYYY!!!!!!!